Roll 2D in Order for your Stats

Yes, that's what I try to explain to my players. The range of statistics covers the range of possible adventurers. Numbers below '6' don't mean disabilities, they mean weaknesses.

A character with 'INT 2' is not a drooling idiot, just the least creative person you've ever met who can still be a competent adult. A 'DEX 2' person isn't an invalid, but don't expect them to be nimble or able to do much fancy work with tools.

AndrewW said:
First Age said:
Or is that going in the Companion? For me it would be a useful inclusion in the core rulebook.

Yup, 'alternate' stuff will be covered by the Traveller Companion.
I love Traveller, but like a fair number of people, I'm seriously not fond of rolled chargen, so even if it was fairly short, I'd really appreciate some form of point-based chargen as an option in the core book. I think having additional chargen options, including point-based options for more powerful characters (ie cinematic Travellers) would be awesome for the Companion, but I'd like something other than a system that I and my group would never in a million years consider using.

Back