Return to the Road of Kings (Does I need the old one?)

2 things:

1)
I know the question sounds stupid.
In the Mongoose website I've read that Return to the road of the kings "expands upon this great work " (refering to the Road of the Kings).
Does it mean that any information presented in ROK is not reprinted in RROK?
If I have "Return to the Road of Kings" do I need "The Road of the Kings"?

2)
Is the "October 2007" date right?
What about the Players Guide?
Will it be launched roughly on the same time?

I agree with Spectator. It's not always easy to find back an older thread when you're not a regular user of the forum and written words may seem harsher than they intended to be. :D

Where is my preceding post BTW?

It would have been probably cleverer to send the thread to the new guy. But I suppose it is too much to ask to be helpful and useful.

Whoever you are I say keep your beach, your dirty coward.

This thread is confusing as hell to me! It looks like The King had a post that has now gone missing. Was it so wildly offensive that it got censored? :shock:

LucaCherstich said:
1)
I know the question sounds stupid.
In the Mongoose website I've read that Return to the road of the kings "expands upon this great work " (refering to the Road of the Kings).
Does it mean that any information presented in ROK is not reprinted in RROK?
If I have "Return to the Road of Kings" do I need "The Road of the Kings"?
It's not a stupid question. I've heard Vincent (the author) say that Return to the Road of Kings will have a lot of new stuff and will be useful even if you have The Road of Kings, but the other way around I have no idea about (ie. will everything in RoK be included in RttRoK?). I'd like to know too; is there an old thread that deals with this (I tried searching!)?

LucaCherstich said:
2)
Is the "October 2007" date right?
What about the Players Guide?
Will it be launched roughly on the same time?
Again, I'm also interested in the answer to this question. I'm waiting for both these books. :D

Um, yeah, I'm confused about this thread too! :shock: Looks like Mongoose has its own mini Bermuda Triangle!

RttRoK sounds promising as does the Players book thingie. 8)

I will again probably get this 2-ed. stuff in PDF once they're out and about.

I suggest to the folks at the 'Goose to abandon these new-fangled "books" in favour of the more traditional hand-scribed vellum scrolls, or even cuneiform clay tablets. :lol: Poor Gutenberg and Caxton are surely spinning in their graves about now! :roll:

Trodax said:
This thread is confusing as hell to me! It looks like The King had a post that has now gone missing. Was it so wildly offensive that it got censored? :shock:
Offensive it was surely not, I just answer yes to the 1st question of the poster because I told him there was already a thread on this very subject.

Not only has my thread been deleted but no help nor any link was offer to LucaCherstich instead to find this old thread in question.

So again if some private militiaman at Mongoose would spend less time deleting threads and more time helping in their own forum, we could consider this a cultural progress.

The King said:
Where is my preceding post BTW?

It would have been probably cleverer to send the thread to the new guy. But I suppose it is too much to ask to be helpful and useful.

Whoever you are I say keep your beach, your dirty coward.

:D - What's up King? I agree they could've emailed you a reason for deleting your post. It wasn't offensive or anything. However, your post made me chuckle and I gotta ask - what does "keep your beach" mean? Is that some new fangled slap down, like "one sandwich short of a picnic?". :lol:

The King said:
Offensive it was surely not, I just answer yes to the 1st question of the poster because I told him there was already a thread on this very subject.

Not only has my thread been deleted but no help nor any link was offer to LucaCherstich instead to find this old thread in question.

So again if some private militiaman at Mongoose would spend less time deleting threads and more time helping in their own forum, we could consider this a cultural progress.

I thought your initial reply was quite rude when I read it and can understand why it was deleted.

Instead of replying to (and only quoting) the initial comment of the original poster by implying that it was stupid because he could have searched the forum for the thread that already answered his query, you could have done so yourself, and then saved yourself the effort of berating Mongoose for not doing that.

Perhaps text sometimes comes over a bit stronger than the intention.

Ralph

Ralph said:
I thought your initial reply was quite rude when I read it and can understand why it was deleted.
The initial poster wrote "I know the question sounds stupid" and I just replied it was so I don't see where is the insult.
If you tell me "Am I a moron because I have nothing in the head?" I would also reply yes. But is that me who insults or you who wanted to be?

You could have done so yourself, and then saved yourself the effort of berating Mongoose for not doing that.
1. I couldn't find it in the short time I had.
2. I don't have a game to support and you too could show the thread.

It is already the 11th post on the thread and there is still no link. Did it also disappear? (Now it would make more sense for some Mongoose sniffer to delete threads at random).

Strom said:
What does "keep your beach" mean?
Actually it means just that: stay on the beach and see what happens.
It is also obviously some pun for bad tempered people without any diplomacy.

Strom said:
:D - What's up King? I agree they could've emailed you a reason for deleting your post. It wasn't offensive or anything. However, your post made me chuckle and I gotta ask - what does "keep your beach" mean? Is that some new fangled slap down, like "one sandwich short of a picnic?". :lol:
Did you know I also posted another funny (and so true) comment on the thread "Time to bitch about the non-colour 2nd edition" which was also deleted?

In fact I suspect it was Matt because he posted shortly after that.

OK, without considering all this "etiquette & Good Manners" stuff, can anybody give me some (more or less) official answer to the questions which I asked in the first post?

LucaCherstich said:
OK, without considering all this "etiquette & Good Manners" stuff, can anybody give me some (more or less) official answer to the questions which I asked in the first post?
As I wrote I couldn't find the thread, may be you'll have more luck in this.

You can ask Mongoose about it (send a private message) or ask directly Vincent Darlage who is the author and often posts there.

I tried to find the thread you were refering to, but it is difficult to trace it. Possibly it has a name which has nothing to do with the Road of the Kings

So Ralph won the day (I had only search the RttRoK expression)

Why did you complain then if you state the link afterwards?

Back