Release Dates

I went to my local gaming store early last week to pick up MoTrav but they had sold out faster than expected. The store had already re-ordered so I had them place a hold on a copy for me, and was I surprised when I got a phone call just two days later that the order had come in. From my experience most RPG companies don't deliver that fast, happy me, I like what Mongoose has done with Traveller but I can't wait for Mercenary, that was my favorite book in CT.

Last we heard Spinward Marches was being reviewed. Is there any chance it will ship this month?
I am running my 1st session on June 1st and it would wonderfull to have Spinward to help me explain things... I've never run Traveller. :? I'm going to start them slow after character creation by running "The Rescue" on their way to buy their ship, then.... ummm... I hope Spinward is out by then... or things will get harder on me.

Xoph, if you like pre-built adventures strung together into a campaign with all supporting info, the old CT book "The Traveller Adventure" is worth looking at/for.

It has ship external views and deckplans as well as number of planet-/space-based adventures, subsector maps, and Spinward Marches world descriptions that can all be used as a campaign or separately on their own. It's available, though, only through eBay or occasionally an online store.

I really hope Mongoose has some campaign-sized adventure-publishing ideas of their own. I'd love to see (and buy!) some.

Heh. I kinda feel sorry for Mongoose..the plethora of material for previous versions of Traveller shows fans what is possible and has raised high expectations in some of Mongoose's customer base.

Thanks SS Warlock! :D

I hope I can find that somewhere... not sure if my local shops will have anything that old.

Xoph, you can find resource material for CT at rpg.drivethrustuff.com, they have a good selection of books as pdfs.

Xoph said:
Thanks SS Warlock! :D

I hope I can find that somewhere... not sure if my local shops will have anything that old.

There's one on eBay right now (I'm not the one selling it). I usually search for Traveller stuff using the keyword "traveller" and changing the category to "Toys and Hobbies".

I've noticed Mongoose's Traveller corebook is available there for less than I paid retail. *grrr*

Oh, well. I tried to support my local RPG store but they're still shutting down. Looks like I need to find another source (like Mongoose :wink: ).

sirpedro's suggestion of looking at DriveThru's site is a good one; I've bought some Traveller-related material from them myself.

Back