Re: Earth Alliance Sourcebook and Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Smith said:
Do you know any British women called Chelsea? Or guys called Bradley?
To me they seem to be American Christian names.

But given that it's supposed to be the future I guess they could be English.

Funny enough, I met a girl called Chelsea at the weekend

mdraconis said:
And by the way, what about Quebec autonomy? With the formation of one world government, you would think that this might be th ideal climate for the French-Canadians to press for autonomy from the rest of Canada. Feasible or not in reality, this is a ficticious Earth history after all.

Speaking as a French-Canadian, I don't want autonomy from my native country. If I did then Canada would need a new capital since I was born in Ottawa and still reside and work there.
Unlike popular misconceptions, not all French-Canadians live in Quebec. In fact many French-Canadians that wish to seperate are insulted when called French-Canadians, to them they are "Quebecquois"/Quebequers.

Personaly, I love the fact that Quebec is still part of Canada in the Babylon 5 universe. It seems that all far-future worlds have Quebec seperated (except Shadowrun where Canada seperated from Quebec).
Quebec has tried to achieve autonomy for almost a century now maybe more (only forming an official political party within the last half), it's reasonable that they might not succeed within the next 2 centuries.

Anonymous said:
Quebec has tried to achieve autonomy for almost a century now maybe more (only forming an official political party within the last half), it's reasonable that they might not succeed within the next 2 centuries.
As a "Quebécois" as you describe it, I'll only say that the will of many to get independance is really more about cultural differences than pure politics or economics. Anyway, I'm not sure this is the right place to talk about these delicate and complex political affairs.

Another guest said:
The U.S. did not need to anex Canada...it is already a suburb of Buffalo NY

The US must be great...I have been proposed to by 2 Canadians that I have only talked to over the phone (and yes they must have been serious since they married Americans).
Not every Canadian feel this way, it's about half and half. Most of those I know that went south of the border came back after a few years; they missed the "Canadian dream", I guess... :wink: :twisted:

I did not mean to offend you, any other Canadian of French decent or Quebecois (If you prefer). I am an American of British/French decent and I AM happy that the US is not a part of Great Britain OR France OR Mexico (again no offense intended to the citizens of these nations).

Mr. Guest, you obviously failed to understand the last thing I wrote.
"Feasible or not in reality, this is a factitious earth history after all."
I wasn't advocating the succession of Qubec. I was pondering a question.
And I NEVER said that all French decended Canadians, live or are from, Quebec. Don't assume I'm some ignorant person just because I'm not Canadian.

I'm glad Quebec is a part of Canada...Really.
And quite frankly I don't care about Canadian politics. I'm not trying to be political. Redlaco concluded that what I said was not a political statement, why can't you?

I think the only country with a good description in EA are the US since the writer is US American. Give that guy a map of Germany and ask him to find germany. It will take ages until that idiot figures it out.
I liked US despite Iraq war and their love for guns. But with that waste of time and money called Earth alliance "Factbook" I think that all americans are stupid morons.
Mongoose should fire that racist who learned about Europe from the movie "European vacation" with Chevy Chase.
Shame on Mongoose. I will stick with the Star trek RPGS that are better researched.

Troll said:
I think the only country with a good description in EA are the US since the writer is US American.

As against a US European..? :roll:

I'd hardly call the US description that glowing either.

Anyway, far be it from me to feed trolls (too late!)...

Troll said:
But with that waste of time and money called Earth alliance "Factbook" I think that all americans are stupid morons.
Mongoose should fire that racist who learned about Europe from the movie "European vacation" with Chevy Chase.

I suppose you can identify "racists" as a self declared one yourself then? You forgot the requisite padding sentence before introducing hypocracy. You really are an amateur troll, standards are slipping...

However, Bruce is one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet. "Idiot", "racist" and "moron" are adjectives that couldn't be applied to the man except perhaps by someone who finds offence in a single paragraph (and has perhaps an admittedly incomplete grasp of English) and then tars an entire book with it.

I should be tempted to think that all germanics are intolerant flame merchants with single track minds based upon your post, but I know better than that.

frobisher said:
As against a US European..? :roll:
As against Canadian American, African American and Mexicans...

frobisher said:
However, Bruce is one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet. "Idiot", "racist" and "moron" are adjectives that couldn't be applied to the man except perhaps by someone who finds offence in a single paragraph (and has perhaps an admittedly incomplete grasp of English) and then tars an entire book with it.

I should be tempted to think that all germanics are intolerant flame merchants with single track minds based upon your post, but I know better than that.

Beeing a moron doesnt mean to be an asshole 2. maybe Bruce is a friendly moron like B4 in Star Trek Nemesis.
When did I say that I am german?
Bruce could need some education? People with his education would flip burgers in my country and not write stupid shit sourcebooks.

Frobisher said:
offence in a single paragraph

If it would be one paragraph no problem. But on the largest part it`s completly wrong. And I mean not the possible future but the history part and the description`s of the countrys and this idiotic stereotyp`s out of the feats.
You must only read the thread must I be a Nazi :shock: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back