Questions

gav

Mongoose
Does anyone have any recources for a critical fumble. We have house ruled a 1 is a critical fumble but have run out of ideas of what can go wrong.

I am at work at the moment, can someone explain the Advancement rule listed at the bottom of the Monsters Stats in various books.

I remember reading about the Iranistani race somewhere can someone point me in the right direction.

Also looking for info on the Isle of the Iron Statues, is it in any of the stories etc.

Thanks

gav said:
I am at work at the moment, can someone explain the Advancement rule listed at the bottom of the Monsters Stats in various books.

That tells the GM how best to increase the HD or add a character class to a monster.

gav said:
I remember reading about the Iranistani race somewhere can someone point me in the right direction.

It appeared in Signs & Portents, then was reprinted in all of the Hyboria's XYZ series.

gav said:
Also looking for info on the Isle of the Iron Statues, is it in any of the stories etc.

Robert E. Howard's Iron Shadows in the Moon (aka Shadows in the Moonlight).

gav said:
Does anyone have any recources for a critical fumble. We have house ruled a 1 is a critical fumble but have run out of ideas of what can go wrong.

we use this.

Roll a 1. Auto miss.
Then roll a dex check DC10.
If you pass you suffer nothing bad.

If you fail then you have fumbled. Might lose your weapon, or provoke an attack of oppertunity, that sort of thing.

ricardo440 said:
gav said:

we use this.

Roll a 1. Auto miss.
Then roll a dex check DC10.
If you pass you suffer nothing bad.

If you fail then you have fumbled. Might lose your weapon, or provoke an attack of oppertunity, that sort of thing.

Well I don't have a critical chart cause we only use fumbles in cases where hitting the wrong person is highly possible. And then we confirm the fumble by re rolling the roll to see it the attack would miss. That way it has the same basic chances of fumbling as of getting a critical hit.

IRANISTAN(I)
18 [HFr],
20 [HFn];
21 [HFa];
armies of, 28 [FC];
Land of Gaudy Silks and Spired Helmets, 58 [RoK];
(Racial Info) [insert], 19 [HFr];
[insert], 19 [HFn];
Barbarians, 18 [HFr];
Borderers, 20 [HFr];
Crossbow Style, 78 [HFr];
Nobles, 20 [HFn];
Nomads, 20 [HFr];
Pirates, 19 [HFa];
Religion, 61 [RoK];
Scholars, 20 [HFn];
Soldiers, 20 [HFn];
Temptresses, 20 [HFa];
Thieves, 20 [HFa];
262 [AE] [Not in CRp].

Our GM uses the Hackmastertable for Fumbles. Each Time one of us rolls a 1, this one must roll some other die and our GM looks on the Table: Voila! His own Borderer destroy his axe on a cavewall in this manner...

I use a table from Torn Asunder (Bastion Press):

In case of a fumble you roll a Dex check (DC 15), then roll on a table adding you Dex mod (max 4). Things from hitting ally, dropping weapon, lossing a turn, being dazed, etc..

I like it and its simple... which is important to me.

arnon

arnon said:
I use a table from Torn Asunder (Bastion Press):

In case of a fumble you roll a Dex check (DC 15), then roll on a table adding you Dex mod (max 4). Things from hitting ally, dropping weapon, lossing a turn, being dazed, etc..

I like it and its simple... which is important to me.

arnon

It just seems the dex check after the rolled one seems a bit un fair. Make sit seem like thier is a higher chance of fumbling then getting a critical hit.

What is Torn Asunder about? Is more the the Crit Fumbles chart? Cause the fumble chart would be neat but I'm not so sure about buying a book to look into it.

I have yet to introduce the possibility of anything bad happening when one rolls a natural 1 as far as melee combat is concerned, other than the fact that they did, indeed, miss :lol:

However, for ranged combat, if the character fires into a melee with friends involved and does not have Precise Shot, then a roll of natural 1 means they must roll again, with the same modifiers, and if it is able to defeat the DV of a randomly-rolled comrade, that comrade is hit instead!

So far, this has not happened yet in my campaign, but if it does, it should be interesting....

foxworthy said:
It just seems the dex check after the rolled one seems a bit un fair. Make sit seem like thier is a higher chance of fumbling then getting a critical hit.

Just like the chance of scoring a Critical... but I think its logical too, the more dexterous one is, the more chances he/she will recuperate after a butch...

foxworthy said:
What is Torn Asunder about? Is more the the Crit Fumbles chart? Cause the fumble chart would be neat but I'm not so sure about buying a book to look into it.

Its a guide for more impressive and damaging Critical Hits. Depending upon your success in the Crit Hit, you roll for a body part, and then might either get a degree of penalty relating to that part, or in the most sever cases, you loos that part. Its a fun a dangerous system...

Here's the product page. And this is a preview...

Currently I just use the fumble chart from the book. We use it in a PbP i'm in, and I was toying around of using it in my table-top game... but haven't yet.

arnon

@blackandgold

My axe was`nt broken, it just flight awya 7 feet!

Yesterday was abad day, too...The Hackmaster Table is evil.

BlackandGold said:
Our GM uses the Hackmastertable for Fumbles. Each Time one of us rolls a 1, this one must roll some other die and our GM looks on the Table: Voila! His own Borderer destroy his axe on a cavewall in this manner...

I have never played Hackmaster but used fumbles in Rolemaster. Loved 'em. Can you let me know which source book your DM uses? I may pick it up but there is a lot of Hackmaster material out there and I want to make sure I order the right one. Thanks.

HLD

Back