Questions on Hyboria's Finest feats

Maximo

Mongoose
I almost forgot to ask you some of the questions my players raised about the feats on Hyboria's Fiercest. I have my own opinions on them, but I thought it would be good to ask you, as I've changed my mind on several subjects after hearing good ideas here (for example, now I think Turim was right on the Drain Life spell not being a Mighty one).

These are the questions:

May Hard as Rock be taken several times? That is, apply it to, for example, slashing and piercing damage with a combined DV penalty of -4.

Can the bonuses from Analyst and Combat Master feats stack? Can any of them stack with the Contemplative (Soldier/Scholar) variant rule (can't recall its name)which gives a Wis bonus to attack?

Could wielding a weapon 2 handed allow to take 1 point from defense and add 2 to damage as with Power Attack?

Thanks

Hard as a Rock appears to be that it can only be taken once, as they will usually say you can take it more than once and the way it can be done if it's possible.

Combat Master and Analyst should stack as they are listed as a "bonus" and not a specific bonus, and they have different uses. Analyst against a specific opponent, and Master for the combat. Combat master doesn't stack with the contemplative variant as it is the same ability with a different label.

About your last question...
If you are asking about Reckless Attack, I'd say no, it runs as stated, -1 to DV for each +1 to dmg.

I have a question about Greater Two-Weapon Combat. What's the point of the feat. Improved gives you as many secondary attacks as your primary weapon. Greater seems to be a d20 feat thrown in by accident, or is there a change to Improved Two-Weapon after Atlantean Ed. I have check all my books and found no change.

Netherek said:
I have a question about Greater Two-Weapon Combat. What's the point of the feat. Improved gives you as many secondary attacks as your primary weapon. Greater seems to be a d20 feat thrown in by accident, or is there a change to Improved Two-Weapon after Atlantean Ed. I have check all my books and found no change.

There is no point to that feat. It should have been excised but wasn't.

Thanks for your answers, Netherek. That's what I thought.

A player argued that the Contemplative variant rule was different from Combat Master, but I think what you said is right (there are some variant rules which can be taken as feats, sometimes powered down though). In any event, given Vincent has seen your answers I think it is safe to assume they were spot on

Back