Questions for Mongoose

Hallo together,
i am a german fan of the paranoia rpg. I write some missions, home rules and some source material. Is there any fan policy for writing fan stuff for your pen&papers?
Additional question is there any chance for a new german version of the paranoia rpg?
Greetings Jochen / Arkam

A thread to send in all of your questions
I was a big fan of Brilliant Lances ship movement rules. I am just starting to trial play Home Rules for High Guard using Brilliant Lance concept of acceleration/turning/facing/deceleration etc. Since current High Guard ships do not use fuel for thrust I am imposing a speed limit with the drives. If this works and is not overly tedious is this something I could write up for your magazine as an optional movement system? Not sure it that would be violation of any license agreement.

I was a big fan of Brilliant Lances ship movement rules. I am just starting to trial play Home Rules for High Guard using Brilliant Lance concept of acceleration/turning/facing/deceleration etc. Since current High Guard ships do not use fuel for thrust I am imposing a speed limit with the drives. If this works and is not overly tedious is this something I could write up for your magazine as an optional movement system? Not sure it that would be violation of any license agreement.
You would be welcome to submit that for a future JTAS volume!

Hallo together,
i am a german fan of the paranoia rpg. I write some missions, home rules and some source material. Is there any fan policy for writing fan stuff for your pen&papers?
Additional question is there any chance for a new german version of the paranoia rpg?
Greetings Jochen / Arkam
If you do not charge money and do not reproduce existing material, I think you should be good - we like fan-made material!

No German version as yet, but we are talking to translators right now for the new edition.

Royal Mail is currently unable to dispatch items to overseas destinations due to a cyber incident. Does this affect Mongoose deliveries?
North America and Canada are unaffected. We are talking to the Royal Mail now and will be making a proper announcement about this tomorrow if it continues (kinda hoped it would be fixed by now, but we are waiting for info).

I know that Wizards backing down on the OGL isn't worth the paper it's printed on. So does that mean that you will remove the 3.0 and 3.5 compatible works (like the Encyclopedia Arcane)?

I know that Wizards backing down on the OGL isn't worth the paper it's printed on. So does that mean that you will remove the 3.0 and 3.5 compatible works (like the Encyclopedia Arcane)?
We honestly don't know what is happening with our older D20-based lines at the moment. We suspect they will remain untouched, but are keeping an eye on this.

Is there an actual street date for JTAS 7-10? The posted estimated schedule says 'January' and 'February', but I was wondering if anything more concrete was out there yet.

Hi all first time poster. My question is this:

I've noticed that your support for Traveler on fantasy grounds is very robust. Any chance we can look forward to official Paranoia content support on Fantasy Grounds (or any other vtt for that matter)? I know I can make my own but it would be so much easier if you wrapped it all up with a nice little bow for us.

Hi all first time poster. My question is this:

I've noticed that your support for Traveler on fantasy grounds is very robust. Any chance we can look forward to official Paranoia content support on Fantasy Grounds (or any other vtt for that matter)? I know I can make my own but it would be so much easier if you wrapped it all up with a nice little bow for us.
We are working on Paranoia FG right now!

I started running a Mongoose Traveller Campaign on Roll20. There is a lot of interest and I got more players than I could handle after posting the game for less 24 hours. I am running the Pirates of Drinax campaign and having the game as a .pdf is great as pictures/maps/background data are already digital. I am based in the US but we have had players from Turkey, England and Australia in the game. I think there is a business opportunity for Mongoose to release some Roll20 modules. Boarding the station on Borite to rescue Krssh was probably more fun in Roll20 than could have been done with table top because of the suspense of Dynamic Lighting. Also Traveller fans are loyal but not as common as other RPGs. Roll20 is a good tool to put them together. I just started playing a 5th edition DnD game, I am not a fan of the rule changes but am impressed with the Roll20 integration. A start could be putting those great artists you have to work on tolkens (Aslan, Hivers, Vargr) and other assets. Ships with the doors and walls set up. It took a couple of hours to photoshop out the arrows and text off the Borite station, draw in the doors and wall.

It's a compatibility problem with certain pdf readers from what I've read. It is not everyone, but it is definitely more than a few people. It happened with a number of Mongoose's products. I've not personally had that problem, so I don't have any more info than that. Sorry. :(

It's a compatibility problem with certain pdf readers from what I've read. It is not everyone, but it is definitely more than a few people. It happened with a number of Mongoose's products. I've not personally had that problem, so I don't have any more info than that. Sorry. :(
In case anyone is collecting compatibility data, the Mongoose PDFs that I have work fine with evince (the default PDF reader for Ubuntu Linux).

Back