Question's about Armageddon 2089 (again)

Hello,
There are a few thing's I love to do when Gm'ing a game of Armageddon 2089, and one of them is detail. I have looked through the Core Rule Book of Arm but failed to find rule's concerning Salvage (not so much what can be salvaged, because in my opinion any part of a mech with a single wire left in piece can be salvaged - More of the time it take's to perform a salvage operation). Secondly I have only found rule's for combat Vehicle's in the Vehicle Supplement, I need support Vehicle's (a team of Salvager's that have truck's with crane's, heavy duty Helicopter's etc...). Thirdly, I wish to start my only Player out as a single character doing small mission's (The first mission I have designed as an Example is where the corperation in question send's him out to rescue a pilot from a situation that can shorten a lifespan rather quickly) How can I go about this ? I don't want him to own a mech outright, The mech is owned by the corperation, but he will get a monthly Wage (paid out weekly of course) my problem is how much should I pay the character ? In the Australian Army I get paid $2568 a week, would this be sutible for the character in my game ?

I hope that rabble upstair's is readable, My last request, If anyone who has played Arm 2089 has idea's or location's etc... Could they please post'em ?. Lastly (finally) Is there any word on future Arm2089 product's ?.

Thank you for your time.

Dunno about your rules questions, but I got it straight from the Mopngoose top spods that we will be getting novels 2 and 3 in the A:2089 trilogy sometime.

LBH

ipex_rec4_scout said:
Hello,
There are a few thing's I love to do when Gm'ing a game of Armageddon 2089, and one of them is detail. I have looked through the Core Rule Book of Arm but failed to find rule's concerning Salvage (not so much what ... More of the time it take's to perform a salvage operation).

IIRC warmeks of 2089 has repair rules, I would use these times and DC to determine removal from a wreck as well.

Selling salvaged parts.
Weapons and Equipment - 30% + 2D10% of base cost if undamaged, 10% + 2D10% if damaged.

Warmek Chassis - 50% + 3D10% of base cost. Subtract 1% per Structure Point damage if size Large or higher, 2% if Med or less. Minimum sale price of 10%.

Purchasing salvaged/ used parts:
Weapons and Equipment - 50% + 3D10% of base cost plus installation.
May (50%) have a flaw or damage (D3 critical failure range) which can be fixed with a repair check and 10% cost or 3 routine maintenance checks if it does not fail. Some resellers warranty their parts but charge 10% extra.

Warmek Chassis - 70% + 3D10% for an undamaged chassis.
Some (10%) have unidentified flaws such as -D2 to DV or D3 penalty to piloting checks. These can be detected by a DC 25 (minus 2x the penalty) piloting check and takes D6 hours. This may be retried before or after the sale but the seller may not be happy. If found before the sale you may subtract 5% per penalty point (5-15 %) or have dealer fix at agreed price, but still has a 10% chance of a flaw and may be worse. After the sale it will require a repair check and cost D3% of base cost per point of penalty.

Secondly I have only found rule's for combat Vehicle's in the Vehicle Supplement, I need support Vehicle's (a team of Salvager's that have truck's with crane's, heavy duty Helicopter's etc...).

Use the design rules in Armored companies or High Frontier.

Cranes:
use the stats of a warmek arm for mass (10% chassis mass) , Structure and hardpoints. Cost is 5%of base warmek chassis (1/2 cost of a warmek arm). Reach is 1/2 the donor warmek height. Max lifting capacity is 5x of the cranes mass. Cranes may also mount additional gear such as saws, torches and digging attachments. These are generally removed when conducting lifting operations since their mass counts in the total load.
Cranes require 1 Power Point per 10 ton load.

The lift vehicle should also be equipped with stabilizing legs for safe operation. Use stats for Anchor Spikes. If the cranes mass is greater than 5 tons it requires two sets of anchor spikes.

Lifting operations:
Lifting a load up to the cranes mass is DC 10
For each additional multiple of the cranes mass add 5 to the DC
Increase the DC by 5 per set of anchor spikes not used when needed.

Failure by 5 or less is identified by the operator and the lift must be restarted.
Failure by greater than 5 results in damage to the crane and/or load.

Use Drive (heavy equipment), Repair or 1/2 Pilot(warmek) for lifting operations.

Time required is five minutes plus one minute per point ton. This includes preparing the load and securing it. Characters may rush the job by increasing the DC by 1/ minute time saved.

Disclaimer: this is all my personal opinion and was done without looking at the books.

--
Lane

Back