Question for August Hahn and the staff of Mongoose

Lokhuzor

Mongoose
Hello,

There is nothing defined for Lone Wolf after "Dawn of Destruction", neither in June, neither in July. What to expect for the game so ?

With the free scenario now available ("Blood Moon Rising"), the May scenario "Dawn of Destruction", the Tanoren background on Signs & Portents 21 and 22, what can we expect next to be published for the line ?

- a realm sourcebook (the Lastlands, Vassagonia, Kalte, Lencia and the crusade lands, The Plague Land of Ruel and its surrounding lands, Stornlands, A book on the whole Makken region including Ruanon, Casiorn and Cloeasia, Southern Magnamund and the Shadakine Empire, The Magiocracy of Dessi, Danarg, the Daziarn and the other planes) ???

- a class book for the warriors "Might of Magnamund" ?

- an expanded list of creatures for play in the game ?

- some articles or books about specific aspect of the world (Herbarium of Magnamund, New spells, Herbs and plants, 6. Rules on creating potions, scrolls, magical items. And a section on unique artifacts of magnamund. Book on Tech in the world of Lone Wolf! ???

And what to expect for Signs & Portents, for issue 23 and after ?


Eric
 

Lokhuzor

Mongoose
What has the world of Magnamund has "in store for us" ?

Is there nothing really defined after Dawn of Destruction and Signs & Portents 23 ??


Eric
 

columbob

Mongoose
Lokhuzor said:
And a section on unique artifacts of magnamund.
Eric

We already have such sections in both the RPG book and the Darklands book, covering pretty much every major unique artifact from the gamebooks.
 

Lokhuzor

Mongoose
The response "will see what Magnamund has in store for us" is very unclear. Precisely, what can we expect in the near future for Lone Wolf ?
 

Sabbak

Mongoose
Lokhuzor said:
The response "will see what Magnamund has in store for us" is very unclear. Precisely, what can we expect in the near future for Lone Wolf ?

I ask myself the same question but I'm too shy to ask by myself... :p
 

columbob

Mongoose
Lokhuzor said:
The response "will see what Magnamund has in store for us" is very unclear. Precisely, what can we expect in the near future for Lone Wolf ?

May IS the near future, and we can expect Dawn of Destruction and S&P 23. Other than that, we'll just have to wait and see, that's what Matt said. Patience, young Padawan...or should that be Kai apprentice?
 
I think the point trying to be made is, there has been lots of stuff for B5 and Conan, but not so much for Lone Wolf. It almost looks as if Mongoose doesn't have any ideas on how to support the line.
 

columbob

Mongoose
Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:
I think the point trying to be made is, there has been lots of stuff for B5 and Conan, but not so much for Lone Wolf. It almost looks as if Mongoose doesn't have any ideas on how to support the line.


I'm sure they have lots of ideas, but Lone Wolf probably doesn't shift the same numbers as B5 and Conan, so obviously fewer resources will be poured in that line. Mongoose wants to prosper as a company, after all, and supporting the main licenses is what makes the most sense.
 
columbob said:
Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:
I think the point trying to be made is, there has been lots of stuff for B5 and Conan, but not so much for Lone Wolf. It almost looks as if Mongoose doesn't have any ideas on how to support the line.


I'm sure they have lots of ideas, but Lone Wolf probably doesn't shift the same numbers as B5 and Conan, so obviously fewer resources will be poured in that line. Mongoose wants to prosper as a company, after all, and supporting the main licenses is what makes the most sense.

Maybe, but the appearence of lack of support is a sure way to kill "numbers" on a line. Now, I don't care for B5 as I don't really care for Sci-Fi, but I find Conan & Lone Wolf products to be very well thought out when compared to Mongoose's non licenced products, most of which I will pass by in an instant because it seems they are produced by third stringers.

Anyway, from the poll in the General Forum, it looks like Lone Wolf has pleanty of fans, but those can dwindle if they don't think there is going to be much support for the game.

My .02
 

Lokhuzor

Mongoose
columbob said:
Lokhuzor said:
The response "will see what Magnamund has in store for us" is very unclear. Precisely, what can we expect in the near future for Lone Wolf ?

May IS the near future, and we can expect Dawn of Destruction and S&P 23. Other than that, we'll just have to wait and see, that's what Matt said. Patience, young Padawan...or should that be Kai apprentice?

Yes, May is the near future, but what to expect for the end of the year ? A realm module, another adventure, a Warrior class book. This may be good to know what's after Dawn of Destruction.

Alcantar
 

lastbesthope

Mongoose
Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:
I think the point trying to be made is, there has been lots of stuff for B5 and Conan, but not so much for Lone Wolf. It almost looks as if Mongoose doesn't have any ideas on how to support the line.

There hasn't been any new Armageddon 2089 stuff for ages either, they can't do everything at once. The wheel will turn.

LBH
 

KaiLord

Mongoose
We'll just have to see what the world of Magnamund has in store for us!

Being the natural pessimist I am, I took this to mean "Nothing planned. No clue."

There are several options for new material, but one person can only churn out so much. Given the rate that ST, B5, and Conan are churned out, however, I wish at least one more author was assigned to LW full time.... It's kind of depressing to see 1 item amidst dozens of others.

KL, ready for the last Sunday in October....
 

Sabbak

Mongoose
KaiLord said:
It's kind of depressing to see 1 item amidst dozens of others.

That's the point.
I personnaly think that it doesn't costs a huge amount of money and energy to plan 1-2 supplements 6-12 months ahead.
The fact that this is not the case for LW IS NOT a good news... :? [/b]
 

Mark_Gedak

Mongoose
Back in November Mongoose did an open call for module development for Conan, Lone Wolf, SST, and maybe B5 (I can't rememberfor sure.) The modules were suposed to be completed by the end of March so maybe there will be some announcements soon of new material.
 

lastbesthope

Mongoose
Despair said:
Back in November Mongoose did an open call for module development for Conan, Lone Wolf, SST, and maybe B5 (I can't rememberfor sure.) The modules were suposed to be completed by the end of March so maybe there will be some announcements soon of new material.

Wasn't that part of the interview process for a new staff writer, but they did mention that all entries would be considered for publication whether they got the job or not.

LBH
 

mthomason

Mongoose
There was mention that some of the interview material from last year might see print, but there was also a seperate call for freelancers in those three areas back in November (although the post was made elsewhere, and not on these boards), which AFAIK has resulted in Dawn of Destructionfor Lone Wolf, The Athena Strain for B5, and... something?... for Conan.
 
I would get out Might of Magnamund thus finishing up with the classes.. and then focus on a third (being BMR and DoD the first and second) adventure..
later move on geographical or kingdom books alternating with adventures...

I want more and more and mora :D
 
Top