Question about the rulebook.

Inquisitor said:
I like a nice spiral bound main rulebook with laminated reference sheets for armies or special rules. the spiral binding lays flat and pages dont get dorked up :shock:

Mmmmmmm...spiral bound...

So, will the rulebook have a complete set of rules and stats for the released armies, or will you have to buy the packs for the unit stats AND the rulebook for the add-on rules?

Just curious!

kindermord said:
Mongoose Old Bear said:
Civilian Troops for the MEA,

I'm curious. What exactly are these guys? Crowds that you can deploy as cover perhaps?
Basically I can reduce combat effectiveness of some units to reduce points costs. It reduces my Civilian Mob units to half price in a Militia force.

Throwing poorly-trained civilians against the foreign infidels with their devastating machines of war? How could you???? :x

mthomason said:
Throwing poorly-trained civilians against the foreign infidels with their devastating machines of war? How could you???? :x

The people of Kreplakistan understand the need for sacrifice. The people are firmly behind Sheikh Yabouthi as ever!

Mongoose Old Bear said:
kindermord said:
Mongoose Old Bear said:
Civilian Troops for the MEA,

I'm curious. What exactly are these guys? Crowds that you can deploy as cover perhaps?
Basically I can reduce combat effectiveness of some units to reduce points costs. It reduces my Civilian Mob units to half price in a Militia force.

kinda like the workers and warriors option in SST?

Lorcan Nagle said:
Mongoose Old Bear said:
kindermord said:

kinda like the workers and warriors option in SST?

Yeah, something along those lines.

Sgt. Brassones said:
Inquisitor said:
I like a nice spiral bound main rulebook with laminated reference sheets for armies or special rules. the spiral binding lays flat and pages dont get dorked up :shock:

Mmmmmmm...spiral bound...

I get all of my softcover books spiral bound at Staples (office supply store) for about $5.00 US. I love the H*LL out of them. If you get the covers laminated, they're more resilient.

Nezeray

yes yes I was skeptical at first ... watching in horror as they cut the binding off my beloved FoW rulebook then with much glee ran screaming from the Kinkos singing the praises of my new spiral bound tome of knowledge, and for only 4-5 bucks :D

My first was my D20 Call of Cthuhlu book which the binding was coming off anyway. Now I do it to all of those softcovers. :)

Nezeray

My first spiral rebinding was with the Rogue Trader Rulebook in 1988 or so. Every one we ever saw around here started falling apart within a couple of weeks.

I now use Comb binding to the point that I bind all items I print out that way using my own home Comb Binding equipment, as well as all rulebooks being rebound. Saves the books, lays flat etc. Also have a cold laminating system to laminate the covers.

If you once try either system Comb or Spiral Binding you will never leave your rulebooks as they come from the printer, at least I do not.

CudaHP said:
My first spiral rebinding was with the Rogue Trader Rulebook in 1988 or so. Every one we ever saw around here started falling apart within a couple of weeks.
Ah, so it wasn't just my copy! :)
CudaHP said:
I now use Comb binding to the point that I bind all items I print out that way using my own home Comb Binding equipment.
Need to get myself one of those, it's a 20 mile trip to the nearest decent print shop :(

Back