Question about the rule sets for ACTA

fluffy05

Mongoose
Hi All,

A quick question about the rules sets for ACTA.

I am purchasing the Revised edition starter set. My LGS was sent the Hardback copy of A Sky Full Of Stars instead (Distributor blamed the storeman :? ).

I should get the Revised set next week. I have been offered a good price on A Sky Full of Stars and am thinking of buying it.

My understanding is that the SFOS has new ships/races and some advanced rules that are not in the ACTA Revised edition is this right?

Is it even worth getting?

What differnce do the other books make like Armegedeon etc... and the other race books - aren't they listed in the main rules?

Is there going to a one core rule book with all the fleets and ship variants going to be released?

Thanks in Advance :D

fluffy05 said:
My understanding is that the SFOS has new ships/races and some advanced rules that are not in the ACTA Revised edition is this right?
Correct.

fluffy05 said:
Is it even worth getting?
Definitely :)

fluffy05 said:
What differnce do the other books make like Armegedeon etc... and the other race books - aren't they listed in the main rules?
No, the Drakh and Dilgar stats and special rules (eg. Masters Of Destruction and GEG) are not in the main rules. Armageddon is an expansion, optional at the moment but more and more people will adopt it... when it is released that is...

fluffy05 said:
Is there going to a one core rule book with all the fleets and ship variants going to be released?
Not likely for the current rules sets, maybe ACTA 2.0?

SFOS is definitely worth getting; with the expanded fleet lists and all the additional rules (GREAT expanded campaign rules; more ships + Variants, planetary assaults...) I´d consider it an absolute "must-have" for the interested ACTA player!

Back