Question about Improved Disciplines

Shamath

Mongoose
Hello, I´m a Gamebookreader from Germany and have a question about the Improved Disciplines after finishing Book 12 Masters of Darkness. What I want to say is, in front of each book is a detailed description how your disciplines have improved by reaching a new rank of Kai-Mastership. In front of Book 13 you have a general overview about the Disciplines. By reaching the rank of Kai Grand Master your skills don´t have improved?
I would be pleased if someone could clarify this for me, and post me an answer, thanks.

Hello!

I think the only two changes we actually know are that a Grand Master suffers no CS penalty when fighting Unarmed and Mindblast is +4CS but personally I stick to +3CS until I have learned Kai Surge - it isn't clear where the improvement comes from; the Rank of Grand Master or the Discipline of Kai-Surge.

Joe Dever once said that you can carry the bonuses over into the Grand Master series but they didn't reprint those so that anyone who hadn't read previous books wouldn't know:

Healing/Curing... You can still Heal +1EP for each section without Combat Bks 13 onwards, although Bk21 limits this to Healing only 10EP per adventure in this way. You an also use the Curing Archmaster Battleheal 20EP if your EP is less than 6 once every 100 days (every other adventure seems to be the feeling on this forum, whereas Deliverence is once every adventure).

Mindblast +3CS or +4CS & Psi-Surge (+6CS -1EP per Round unless EP 4 or less)... can be used normally unless the foe is immune.

Hunting/Huntmastery... Joe has also said that if you learned these skills previously a GM may use them in situations where you are asked to eat a Meal in a location where you could hunt - the text describes it as wilderness, etc. - without needing Grand Huntmastery.

Grand Weaponmastery ... A Grand Master has no penalty fighting Unarmed and +4CS with all Weapons - which I take to mean untraditional ones like Copper Studded Bullwhip or Power Spike too, only you can't carry the Bullwhip.

Other improvements aren't really mentioned. Was there anything specific you needed an answer too?

Hope this helps.

SnowShadow said:
Mindblast is +4CS but personally I stick to +3CS until I have learned Kai Surge - it isn't clear where the improvement comes from; the Rank of Grand Master or the Discipline of Kai-Surge.

Actually I think it must mean all Grand Masters get +4CS bonus for Mindblast because Bk21 also states this.

Back