Prostitutes and wages

and DESCRIBING the whole thing.

The players have to DESCRIBE what they are doing. My imagination's not that good. :D :D

I'm just the GM, I roll the die and tell them if they're successful or not. :D :D :wink: :wink:

Mark Dunder said:
and DESCRIBING the whole thing.

The players have to DESCRIBE what they are doing. My imagination's not that good. :D :D

I'm just the GM, I roll the die and tell them if they're successful or not. :D :D :wink: :wink:

He he... So you can just sit back 8) and enjoy?
Well as long as your players are up for that... :eek:
At least, i won't tell you that your ridiculous. :)

Each to his own, as long as everyone has fun! :D

If someone wanted to hire a prostitute in my party, I'd handle it how I'd feel comfortable...I'd do all the in character meeting, hiring, bargaining etc. but would stop on the point that the PC is led away with a grin on his face, unless something scandalous happened, of course...!

I don't like to make my games restrictive, ergo, as long as it's fully within the player's character to do such a thing...it's all cool with me. :D

teamescape said:
If someone wanted to hire a prostitute in my party, I'd handle it how I'd feel comfortable...I'd do all the in character meeting, hiring, bargaining etc. but would stop on the point that the PC is led away with a grin on his face, unless something scandalous happened, of course...!

I don't like to make my games restrictive, ergo, as long as it's fully within the player's character to do such a thing...it's all cool with me. :D

The thing is though that many things are fully within the character of a PC but people don't, as a rule, game them out. It's in character for a barbarian to go to the loin cloth shop and haggle for a nice badger fur one after discussing exactly what benefits each different animal fur would give him. You have a noble who would go to the fine wine store and spend a long time debating the quality of various vintage before settling for a fine Zingaran bottle. A scholar would go meet other scholars and discuss the merits of various types of parchment and haggle over the cost of getting a good supply of them.

Those other detailed parts of a characters life don't tend to be played out, however when it comes to haggling for a quick session with a local prostitute for some reason it's essential to play that part of a characters life out.

There's a certain infamous RPG, that shall remain nameless, that takes this to the extreme. It's got attributes for just about every sexual statistic you could think of and detailed rules for the act itself and it's consequences. It hides behind a claim of being "detailed", "complete" and "realistic". However it doesn't extend that same level of detail to something as simple as the effects on an inexperienced person of spending hours in the saddle of a horse, which is something far more common to most adventurers.

Conan's been about the only game that I've ever run that's gone into the sex side of things. However I just include it under a general coverall term of a "night of wenching" which includes beer, food, fighting and the other all to the same level of detail and then just moves on with the story.

I feel more comfortable if the act take place "off-camera", anyway, I don't have any problems if we have to describe some things because of the story, let's say:

-The PC is having sex, in the middle of the act 4 thugs enter the room, then the character jump through the window naked, he leaves his equipment in the room

A situation like this have to be descrbied, and I don't have problems with it, in fact I like this kind of situations.

I don't really have time to let the players go have a good time. Besides, in game terms, having a good time is lopping off heads. :D

This sums up the high cost of living rules and where the PC's money goes:

pvp_aleandwhores.jpg

:lol: :lol:

:lol: ..nice 1 Strom.

~~ MALE DRINKING SONG ~~

I spent my reward on cheap ale and whores,
i got a huge hangover and bad itchy sores.
found myself in the gutter naked on all fours,
another tall tale to tell on my bragging tours. :wink:

Now i need another mission for another fat purse
so my next drinking session can be even worse?
how do i escape from this repeating curse?
i ride off in a beer-filled, whore-drawn hearse? :lol:
~~~~~
[ poem by me]
[ from the forthcoming 'Hyborian Addictions' supplement...?? :wink: ]

thanks guys. :) glad u enjoyed it.
its good to have a laugh in between sessions of slaying imaginary monsters, + laying imaginary hunks + vixens in crimson Hyboria.
---
c u all at the 'Perry de camp clinic' [for STDs] :wink: behind the temple of Yezud?
available TREATMENTS + useful items...
nose peg = 3 coppers :lol:
perfume bottle = 2 sp
herbal cream rub = 5 silver [sp]
holy vinegar + sponge = 8 sp
hungry leech = 12 sp
sacrifice chicken [or rabbit] + prayer in temple = 3 gold [gp]
quality lock chastity belt = 5 gp
small magnifying glass = 8 gp
lucky spider thong, amulet, or ring = 10 gp [non-magical]
whipping! = FREE ! [priest will flog u tied up + naked to exorcise the demons from your plagued body! very popular among the priesthood] :lol:
cure disease spell = 30 gp [limited availability from Priests]
Temple Holy Special [private full body massage + satisfaction by 2 masked buxom acolytes, + a free cure disease spell after] = 100 gp :wink:
---
[ try this list on your players + watch their faces? ]
have fun. :)

Buxom Sorceress said:
c u all at the 'Perry de camp clinic' [for STDs] :wink: behind the temple of Yezud?
available TREATMENTS + useful items...
nose peg = 3 coppers :lol:
perfume bottle = 2 sp
herbal cream rub = 5 silver [sp]
holy vinegar + sponge = 8 sp
hungry leech = 12 sp
sacrifice chicken [or rabbit] + prayer in temple = 3 gold [gp]
quality lock chastity belt = 5 gp
small magnifying glass = 8 gp
lucky spider thong, amulet, or ring = 10 gp [non-magical]
whipping! = FREE ! [priest will flog u tied up + naked to exorcise the demons from your plagued body! very popular among the priesthood] :lol:
cure disease spell = 30 gp [limited availability from Priests]
Temple Holy Special [private full body massage + satisfaction by 2 masked buxom acolytes, + a free cure disease spell after] = 100 gp :wink:

He he... funny :lol:
I think you might have overpriced the leeches a bit... :D but who cares...

Before this thread dies, I feel I should direct folks to this strip by Aaron [Nodwick] Williams

http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/ffn/ffn003.htm

JohnLokiBeard said:
Before this thread dies, I feel I should direct folks to this strip by Aaron [Nodwick] Williams

http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/ffn/ffn003.htm

Just feel it worth noting the first game I ran, it was a female player playing a male character who broached the subject of hiring a lady for the evening... much to her husband's ammusement.

Back