Problem with the Official Combat Explanation

Rurik

Mongoose
I have found a serious problem in the official combat explanation provided:

msprange said:
1. Roll to attack. If you fail, it ends right there. If you succeed, cheer and jump up and down on the table - your opponent will take this as a sign that you have done well. Keep your Weapon skill roll on the table.

He clearly states that you keep your dice on the table AND jump up and down on the table. Isn't this likely to change the attackers roll?

Maybe this is how the fail/fail/attack succeeds is supposed to come about. Not sure though.

One big upside is it forces the gamers to actually get some exercise, being a rather sedentary bunch by nature.

He clearly states that you keep your dice on the table AND jump up and down on the table. Isn't this likely to change the attackers roll?

Maybe this is how the fail/fail/attack succeeds is supposed to come about. Not sure though.

One big upside is it forces the gamers to actually get some exercise, being a rather sedentary bunch by nature.

ROTFL

Rurik said:
Note to self... buy stronger table, play in room with higher ceiling...

Wulf

Wulf Corbett said:
Rurik said:
Note to self... buy stronger table, play in room with higher ceiling...

Wulf

Hmmm, I can do the stronger table bit, but I can't really do anything about the ceiling height.

I guess I have to find shorter players. :?

Rurik said:
Hmmm, I can do the stronger table bit, but I can't really do anything about the ceiling height.

Or you can perform the jump standing on your knees, but the landing is going to be painful. Not to recommend for novice MRQ players. :wink:

jadrax said:
GbajiTheDeceiver said:
I see no problem.

Just use 2 different tables.

Yet again the evil allience of Mongoose and Ikea strikes"

Good God Man! Just today I received the 2007 catalogue in the mail - the very day I was expecting my pre-ordered rulebook to arrive! :eek:

I don't like the "jump up and down" idea, and would prefer a "one jump" system. Two jumps have a higher percentage of at least one of the tables being "broken".
:wink:

Just saw the bottom of the table legs and sit on cushions.

Back