Possible Typos on the Tournament pdf

I stress these are minor points that look like anomalies. Would someone far more knowledgable than me comment on these please (Sorry I haven't got an eye patch for my Kremmen avatar but I'll throw in a quick

Shiver me Timbers you scurvy scum!

If it makes everyone feel happier?

The Earth Alliance Early years, Hyperion Pulse Cruiser, has the name "Particle Beam" attached to what look like "Plasma Cannon" stats

The Early Years Avenger Carrier is shown having a Medium Pulse Cannon, but it has the special of "AP" and Range of 8, which typically indicate a Medium Plasma Cannon. If it was meant to be a pulse cannon for the downgrade (along with the loss of Fleet carrier) could this be verified?

Ta

Kremen the nitpicker....

Its hardly nitpicking mate, as much as I enjoy ACTA it really gets on my nerves the amount of typoes and missprints that end up in mongoose books. Surely for the amount of time, effort and money that goes into each new release it can't be that hard to proofread them. For the amount we pay for the products we should be able to expect a certain quality.

Now I know the tourney pdf was free but this is just another example of a situation found in pretty much every publication related to ACTA Ive had (with the possible exception of the Drakh book, though Im not sure).

Come on mongoose sort it out please!

They should just give out the PDFs to forum members (most of whom will buy the book anyway), in exchange for a sneak preview they could report typos.

well in the crusade era list the hyperion has another med pulse canon that is AP, twin linked but i think is supposed to be a plasma canon.

the warlock in the crusade list has one of its laser/pulse arrays marked as anti fighter instead of twin linked.

and in the actual book look out for an ancient with a grabiton gun instead of a graviton one :)

Hey, I offer some symapthy, their are typos in my NARN PDF as well. . ok, they are mostly spelling errors in flavour text, and I am only one man!! but still.... then again, If i was gonna charge you a tenner for it, I would probably have put a lot more effort into proof reading.

You really want the typos I've found in a quick read? Read on but bear in mind this is just to point out there are a few and they are almost all pretty minor:

Page 1 Tournament schedule Fourth Game should begin at 16:00
Page 1 Tournament schedule Awards ceremony should begin at 17:45
Page 7 Avenger-class Heavy Carrier should have Medium Plasma Cannon instead of Medium Pulse Cannon
Page 7 Breaching Pod Dogfight hyphen should be bold
Page 9 Hyperion-class Pulse Cruiser should have Medium Plasma Cannon instead of Particle Beam
Page 11 Starfury Flight Troops hyphen should be bold
Page 14 Avenger-class Heavy Carrier should have Medium Plasma Cannon instead of Medium Pulse Cannon
Page 14 Breaching Pod Dogfight hyphen should be bold
Page 16 Nova-class Dreadnought has Jump Point right justified
Page 18 Orion Starbase Battle PL should be right justified
Page 19 Starfury Flight Troops hyphen should be bold
Page 22 Delphi-class Advanced Scout has Point, Scout and Stealth right/left justified
Page 22 Hyperion-class Cruiser should has one Medium Pulse Cannon as a Medium Plasma Cannon
Page 23 Hyperion-class Assault Cruiser should has one Medium Pulse Cannon as a Medium Plasma Cannon
Page 25 Warlock-class Advanced Destroyer Laser/Pulse Array should all be Twin-Linked
Page 27 Shadow Hunter Fighter Dispersal Tube Range should read 30
Page 28 Vorlon Light Cruiser Hull should read 5
Page 30 Victory Points third paragraph is in the wrong font

Captain Triggy said:
You really want the typos I've found in a quick read? Read on but bear in mind this is just to point out there are a few and they are almost all pretty minor:

Page 18 Orion Starbase Battle PL should be right justified

speaking as someone who hasn't seen the new armageddon tourney stuff, does the inclusion of the orion starbase mean that you can take starbases in tourney?

don't see why not...triggy states its given a PL of Battle (as before) ...it would only be 2 choices in your fleet...!

Chern

Chernobyl said:
don't see why not...triggy states its given a PL of Battle (as before) ...it would only be 2 choices in your fleet...!

Chern
It'd certainly be interesting if you could take it in a tourney fleet. The rules regarding space stations haven't changed one jot so the status quo applies.

I can see a pair of Orion starbases and a Delphi doing really well. being as the Orion has 40" missiles nothing will be out of range. loads of fighters and targets 3 makes it a fairly powerful spend of 2 raid points.

Karlopopoli said:
I can see a pair of Orion starbases and a Delphi doing really well. being as the Orion has 40" missiles nothing will be out of range.

Depending on placement, some bits of the board can be out of range.

LBH

Burger, Hash, and myself were laughing about this the other night. If Stations are allowed, all you take is B5 at war Level and two oracles. Then deploy the mines in diagonal, on the front. Using the Oracles to redirect fire and assist :p

I was correcting my ship sheets and looking at the errors in the back of the pack. The EA ship changes are listed superflously since the fleets in the tourney pack replace the SFOS ones for the EA anyway.

LBH

A few typos to add to your list, Triggy:

Page 2, Best painted fleet section, "we love to say" should be "love to see"
Page 27, Vorlons charged energy pulse wording is vague. Are fighters performing special actions immune? Or do Vorlons performing special actions not get the energy pulse?
Page 28, Vorlon Light Cruiser has a "Computer", this should say Flight Computer
Page 28, Vorlon Transport's Adaptive Armour capitalization is different from the standard
Page 28, Vorlon Transport is "self-repaiting"

Given that the understanding on the vast, vast majority of these typos is clear I'm not bothered by them (except for the Vorlon Light Cruiser hull value). However it just goes to show how many the editors have to catch after they've been written and typeset.

Out of curiosity, how many have slipped through to the Armageddon actual printing? (or have they all where the pages appear to be direct Armageddon copies?)

Back