[Poll] Official ruling on the White Star Fighters please

Do you think the WSC-L White star fighter should be part of ACTA properly?

• Yes, abso-fraggin-lutely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, don't like it!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don't know, haven't seen the stats from S&P or the Rangers RPG supplement!

• Have seen the stats from one or other source but don't care either way!

• Total voters
frobisher said:
jal said:
as to wether this was the same as the Whitestar prototype vessels mentioned in the book or was a later development after the formation of th ISA remains to be seen.

It isn't the prototype, as it doesn't match the description given in the books which talked about it having a cockpit you climbed into, where as the "Bluestar" clearly had a bridge.

well spotted, been a while since i read it. :)

Sindre said:
It was a while since I saw it, but I remember the bluestar having a cockpit, not a bridge..

Where did you see the bluestar? If you mean the ship Sheridan uses in "Sleeping inlight" it definitely has a bridge. Pretty much the same as the White Star's bridge (if not exactly like)

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Sindre said:
It was a while since I saw it, but I remember the bluestar having a cockpit, not a bridge..

Where did you see the bluestar? If you mean the ship Sheridan uses in "Sleeping inlight" it definitely has a bridge. Pretty much the same as the White Star's bridge (if not exactly like)

LBH

Yeah I was pretty sure it was a white star myself I mean a white star can be crewed (was going to say manned but didnt look right for some reason) by one competent person if you just wanna get from point A to B atleast thats my impression when Sheridan and his old wife went to the shadow homeworld (yes I know what the name is just worried I will spell it wrong I was thinking it is Zha'ha'dum but doesnt look right when I type it again)

Aucillion said:
Yeah I was pretty sure it was a white star myself I mean a white star can be crewed (was going to say manned but didnt look right for some reason) by one competent person if you just wanna get from point A to B atleast thats my impression when Sheridan and his old wife went to the shadow homeworld (yes I know what the name is just worried I will spell it wrong I was thinking it is Zha'ha'dum but doesnt look right when I type it again)

Sheridan' ship in Sleeping in Light" wasn't a White Star (as your post seemed to suggest when I read it). Similar bridge, but not a WS.

The similar bridge makes sense 'in universe' and in real life though.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Aucillion said:

Sheridan' ship in Sleeping in Light" wasn't a White Star (as your post seemed to suggest when I read it). Similar bridge, but not a WS.

The similar bridge makes sense 'in universe' and in real life though.

LBH

its been awhile since I seen it I had the imagery of ships wrong in my head before though (especially after only seeing it once and not for a long time I would love to see a pic of it again that and the organic ranger ship seen right before earth goes nova.

Although not a very good source, B5tech at least has a good picture of it:

http://www.b5tech.com/isa/bluestar/bluestar.html

Its a pity you dont see the inside of the cockpit/bridge, its not on the back of the ship like on the whitestar, but admittedly, it does seem a little too big to be just a cockpit.

Very cool site! I definately would add a motion to include the Bluestar in the ISA fleet! My comments about a single WSC-L are basically describing the Bluestar as mentioned on that site...

This is one we are taking a look at, chaps. It win't be in SFoS, as we don't have miniatures support for it yet. However, there is lots coming for CTA over the next 12 months - if you guys like the new format of things, there will be lots more on top, including, possibly, White Star fighters.

What was the ship Sheridan flew?
It's a smaller, personal version of a White Star.

From the Lurkers Guide page for Sleeping in Light. Scroll down a bit to see it.

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/us/guide/110.html#JS

msprange said:
This is one we are taking a look at, chaps. It win't be in SFoS, as we don't have miniatures support for it yet. However, there is lots coming for CTA over the next 12 months - if you guys like the new format of things, there will be lots more on top, including, possibly, White Star fighters.

The WSC-L, or the Blue Star? Or both?

Good to know it hasn't completely fallen by the wayside Matt, thanks for stopping by :D

LBH

While I haven't see the stats for it I believe that any extra ships for ISA would be good. They need to be able to stand alone better.

The Darque One said:
this has been talked about before. i still say the liandra and the valen would be good additions to the fleet.

The valenn was ugly and according to b5tech.com it was never really used much because they didnt like the performance and it looked like a ugly flying brick despite being the fastest ship in the ISA fleet and we dont know the Valenn's weapons (not even b5tech is saying) but then again the only thing we seen in legend of the rangers were the main ISA ships using bolts but supposedly the Liandra had neutron cannons too (dont know about the valenn) I would love to see the liandra incorporated in the game :)

Aucillion said:
...the only thing we seen in legend of the rangers were the main ISA ships using bolts but supposedly the Liandra had neutron cannons too...

I'd suspect not given everything jms said about it - it very deliberately had "lower power" weapons being a smaller vessel (bolts rather than beams).

Oh, and B5Tech isn't a reliable source of information (but quite pretty to look at) - look up the Liandra entry and see how adamant they are it has no jump engine, yet in dialogue the Narn engineer refers to the jump engines being offline...

Aucillion said:
The Darque One said:
this has been talked about before. i still say the liandra and the valen would be good additions to the fleet.

The valenn was ugly and according to b5tech.com it was never really used much because they didnt like the performance and it looked like a ugly flying brick despite being the fastest ship in the ISA fleet and we dont know the Valenn's weapons (not even b5tech is saying) but then again the only thing we seen in legend of the rangers were the main ISA ships using bolts but supposedly the Liandra had neutron cannons too (dont know about the valenn) I would love to see the liandra incorporated in the game :)

As I said before, b5tech is not a very reliable source. The author makes up most of the information himself..

the ships bases are there. mongoose can do anything they want to them. the valen was supposed to look like a flying brick. but it makes more sense to use ships that we have seen rather thne just make stuff up.

I'll second the Liandra...Especially since, in conjunction with the Bluestar, it would provide another lower end choice...The ISA mostly was supposed to be performing scout and espionage (cummon, let's face it the rangers are spies) functions while any larger conflict was supposed to have fleets provided from a mixed ISA fleet*...
Having the Victory class was an aknowledgement that occasionally they'll need their own cruiser, but mostly it was supposed to be scouting and patrol...I like having a jump between the Raid and War levels for them...besides, it lets me (and any other ISA player) field tons of Whitestars in a Battle or War scenario :twisted: ...

*Don't believe me? What happened with the Centauri in Season 5? Sheridan had to finally buckle to ISA member preasure and let them attack...And of course there is the precurser to the ISA when the mixed fleet appeared to take out Earth's orbital defences preventing the Scorched Earth scenario...(we could debate for ages whether Delenn would have jumped the fleet in if Sheridan had lost the battle)

deathlynx said:
Having the Victory class was an aknowledgement that occasionally they'll need their own cruiser, but mostly it was supposed to be scouting and patrol...I like having a jump between the Raid and War levels for them...besides, it lets me (and any other ISA player) field tons of Whitestars in a Battle or War scenario :twisted: ...

The Victory was more for the ISA to enforce it's military will, which is not what the Anla'shok were originally for, but they're purpose altered when the Shadows and Vorlons went beyond the Rim. There is a subtle difference in my mind between the ANla'Shok and the ISA Fleets. Or maybe that's just me ?

deathlynx said:
*Don't believe me? What happened with the Centauri in Season 5? Sheridan had to finally buckle to ISA member preasure and let them attack...And of course there is the precurser to the ISA when the mixed fleet appeared to take out Earth's orbital defences preventing the Scorched Earth scenario...(we could debate for ages whether Delenn would have jumped the fleet in if Sheridan had lost the battle)

She would have gone in and kicked Earth's botty. Imagine her twice as angry as the times she saved B5 from Clark's forces or kicked the Drakh mother ship's behind.

LBH

Back