Poll : New logo for A Call To Arms

Do you prefer the new logo or the old one?

• Old one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New one

• Don't mind

• Actually I have my own design I'd like you to take a look at . . .

• Total voters
Hmmm. For everyone who needs a reference point

Old :

calltoarmslogo.jpg

New :
b5ctalogonew.jpg

I generally like the new one, but kinda wish the "Call to Arms" portion was more prevelant.

i like the new one cos it contemporises it... the old logo just felt a little old-fashioned... as if we were just holding onto something that's long past.

the new logo feels refreshing, a new spin. i like it, though i do agree that that "A Call to Arms" could be more prominent.

The new one is okay though i think the 5 should be more metallic and you can read the lettering all that well either...

yeah.. somthing wrong with that txt... its realy hard to see...

darn lol dont give me an reason to take a shot at it : P

Old one is more B5!

i like the new one cos it contemporises it... the old logo just felt a little old-fashioned... as if we were just holding onto something that's long past.

Surely thats why we are playing this game?

philogara said:
Old one is more B5!

Surely thats why we are playing this game?

You kinda got me there... but I voted for the new one with reservations, as noted the ACTA wording is not prominent enough.

i like the new one, just not the colours of the 5, i don't think the red and blue go together.. i don't think the old one looked anymore B5ish. i don't think we ever saw that colour scheme in the series.

surely ACTA is a good enough game in its own right, not just a bit of nostalgic merchandise or something?

B5 is an epic, and epics are timeless (or someone should tell Peter Jackson :) ). Even if the show were still running in some form, id rather play the 'historical' or alternate history battles anyway.

So, I agree; make the A Call To Arms bit more clear and eye catching, and relegate the B5 bit to the background slightly (its only a setting after all, no matter how awesome).

The Evil Empire has the right idea, supplementary games dont use the main setting logo at all (Warmaster, Battlefleet Gothic, Necromunda, Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Epic: Armageddon, etc). I certainly call the game just "A Call to Arms", not "Babylon 5: A Call to Arms" so the logo should probably reflect that.

It still does the job as it is of course, and ive ranted more than it deserves, I just reckon it could be better. :D (fans are the worst critics)

Cheers!

its should be Babylon 5 A Call to Arms, coz my friends and girlfriend would not play just any space combat game and niether would i. in fact i don't and haven't and won't.

its should be Babylon 5 A Call to Arms, coz my friends and girlfriend would not play just any space combat game and niether would i. in fact i don't and haven't and won't.
Thats a shame then, because a setting can be tacked onto any system pretty easily, and if there were a more suitable system available (not that i think it exists at the moment) I'd certainly have no qualms about porting the B5 miniatures and flavour over to it.

By equal measure, I have no qualms about using this system with other cool settings, like SW, ST, SG-1, 40k, Firefly, Buck Rogers, Homeworld (the PC game), etc.

Babylon 5 should appear on the logo somewhere of course, but A Call to Arms should be at least noticeable.

oreso said:
Babylon 5 should appear on the logo somewhere of course, but A Call to Arms should be at least noticeable.
Mongoose are making money out of the setting far, far more than from the system. It also costs them more to license. Therefore, the Babylon 5 logo should be prominent.

Wulf

The Darque One said:
i like the new one, just not the colours of the 5, i don't think the red and blue go together.. i don't think the old one looked anymore B5ish. i don't think we ever saw that colour scheme in the series.

Season 4 "No Surrender, No Retreat" when the White Stars are preparing to depart for Proxima Lt. Corwin says "I just noticed the new paint scheme on the WS2" which then pans out to show the B5 symbol painted on. It's black and yellow with a sword pointing downwards. It is also in the intro to season 5.

Back