Pocket B5 Handbook

El Cid

Mongoose
The write up says:

"You favourite science fiction RPG, now condensed into a handy pocket-sized edition! Contains all the essential rules and stats from the main rulebook, enabling you to carry just this and the Mongoose Pocket Player's Handbook to the table."

What is left out from the regular book?

Pictures?

Season 1 Summaries?

???

Sidney

I'm not 100% sure, but I think all that was removed was the pictures, and probably some flavour text, but the episodes summary will surely remain as it is a big part of the book. Or maybe only keep the crunchy bits relevant to the episodes. It will be 400 pages long, though, so most text will remain, I guess.

Mmm, either way, I think I'll buy one regardless.
I'm just built like LBH (see other thread). 8)

redlaco said:

Great Maker! I'm not sure the universe can handle 2 like me!

:roll:

Which other thread? (We post on so many after all!)

LBH
Nice to see my reputation is doing some of my work for me!

lastbesthope said:
redlaco said:

Great Maker! I'm not sure the universe can handle 2 like me!

:roll:

Which other thread? (We post on so many after all!)

LBH
Nice to see my reputation is doing some of my work for me!

Sweet Tester have mercy, there's two of them!!! :wink:

Woah! Rest easy, I'm not half as thorough as LBH in my B5 collecting, except maybe for the RPG. So don't you worry, LBH will keep his crown for a long long time. :mrgreen:

As for the post, I'm too lazy to dig it up, but you said you would "buy the second printing just for the sake of completeness" or something like that...

You're darn skippy I'll be keeping my crown. I am THE uber geek. All lesser geeks shall bow before me or incur my geekly wrath!

LBH

The one and only! (In a non Chesney Hawkes kind of way!)

I like petitbilbo too, especially since I saw his GM screen... :D
And it's good to have a knowledgeable fellow like LBH on our side. :mrgreen: I bow, I bow down.

redlaco said:

8)

Snif...

I'm so moved!

...and I'd like to dedicate this prize to my parents who... my teachers... and Mr. X is gay... and all who worked with me on this project... and...

petitbilbo

redlaco said:
And it's good to have a knowledgeable fellow like LBH on our side. :mrgreen: I bow, I bow down.

Finally I receive the levels of respect I deserve!

8)

LBH

Maybe a mutual appreciation thread should be started....

I just opened my "Pocket Edition" (got it and Psi Corps for Christmas) and noticed that they included the same typos and mistakes as the hardbound book. I thought I would be able to retire my Errata, guess that I still have to lug it around.

Kind of takes the Pocket out of the "Pocket Edition".

Under the following question
B5 Pocket Handbook:Based on 1st or 2nd print of Main Book?
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4019&highlight=pocket

msprange said:
It will indeed be the second printing.

I was really disapointed. Kind of like getting a broken toy for Christmas :(

I can not believe that this continues. Matt seems apologetic in the threads...I am not sure what to think. On the one hand, I really look forward to a B5 RPG, on the other I am starting to think that no one is capable of doing it right. After spending over $200 (the Christmas gift comes out of my wallet just as much as when I buy it in the store), I feel like all I have is something to put make my book ends look good.

Another thing I just noticed after reading in my Psi Corps book, the references do not match to the Pocket Book. Ther is a reference to Vicker on page 208 of the Babylon Five rulebook (not the same in the Pocket Reference).

I know, I know...would have been more work. That is where software comes in handy....

I know the Pocket Edition is not perfect, but for someone like me that is new to the game it is a good deal. about half the price of the hardcover and I still have the rules I need to get started.

I still want to know what happened to the Second Edition since it does not seem to be in circulation.

Anonymous said:
I still want to know what happened to the Second Edition since it does not seem to be in circulation.

It's out, I got it at the Mongoose open Day. Most shops seem to be keeping their existing first printing on the shelves to sell those before they order the new printing.

LBH

Then why did the bloody Pocket Edition NOT come out in Second Edition???

Anonymous said:
Then why did the bloody Pocket Edition NOT come out in Second Edition???

Ummmm, it did!?

Evidence to prove it:

1) Matt Sprange (the esteemed author and all round decent bloke) said it was)

2) It contains the advanced interceptor rules

3) It has the revised Independently Wealthy fleet

And that just all I've noticed from a quick 30 second look when I was making up Sha'Kal!

LBH

It still contains all the mistakes that needed Errata for. Example:
"Errata and Q&A3A.
Q. In the P-rating section the description it says ‘The Player must roll 1d2 – the result of this roll will be his permanent P-Rating’. Shouldn’t this be a 1d12?"

Check out P. 48 as the mistake is reprinted. So are several of the other Errata.

So is there supposed to be a 3rd Edition? A 4th? A 5th?

Back