Paranoia Black Missions - Is my copy safe?

I've preordered a copy of Paranoia Black Missions through Paizo and now that Mongoose has made the announcement that the book is almost sold out I am getting a little worried.

Paizo say that they have put an order through their distributor (which I believe is Alliance) for all the pre-orders they have received. Can anyone at Mongoose give me reassurance that Alliance has definitely put in an order for Black Missions and my copy is therefore likely to appear?

I'd hate to miss out on this because the distributor was slack in getting their order in.

Olaf the Stout

Olaf the Stout said:
Can anyone at Mongoose give me reassurance that Alliance has definitely put in an order for Black Missions and my copy is therefore likely to appear?

They have indeed (all distributors have).

Whether or not they have ordered enough is another question. We have a handful of books unallocated from the distributors' stock of this book, but they are going to disappear within the next few days.

Thanks for the reply Matt. I feel a bit better about this now since I would think that Paizo would be one of Alliance's better sales outlets. Plus I think I am fairly high in the preorder queue so even if they don't get their full allocation I should still be ok.

Is it still set for an August release? Any specific date?

Olaf the Stout

Olaf the Stout said:
Thanks for the reply Matt. I feel a bit better about this now since I would think that Paizo would be one of Alliance's better sales outlets. Plus I think I am fairly high in the preorder queue so even if they don't get their full allocation I should still be ok.

Is it still set for an August release? Any specific date?

Olaf the Stout

They are arriving at our warehouse this morning (about nowish!), and will be leaving for distributors in the afternoon, so you are likely looking at about two weeks before you see it, give or take.

I have preordered my copy via Leisure Games and I was thinking the same thoughts, so this is reassuring.

I'm running Paranoia at Furnace in Sheffield in October and I was planning on using the new rules.

So have the pre order copies started shipping out to address's in the uk yet? or is that a week or 2 off still? kinda itching to crack the book open and start playing the game :)

broken serenity said:
So have the pre order copies started shipping out to address's in the uk yet? or is that a week or 2 off still? kinda itching to crack the book open and start playing the game :)

Should be about a week or so yet.

damn :(
ah well i guess it'll be worth the extra couple weeks wait once it turns up so i'll just have to spend the time coming up with funky new missions to send my group on once i get the book lol.

msprange said:
broken serenity said:

Should be about a week or so yet.

So where does that leave US pre-orders? I like knowing that I'm going to get one, but I don't so much like doing the pre-order and then having my FLGS get their copies today when mine are still a week (or more?) out.

yeh thats kinda what i was ondering since they implyed that pre orders would arrive around the week begining the 10th which is this week and now were getting another week or so before they ship...makes u wonder what went wrong that it threw out the pre orders by so long?

broken serenity said:
yeh thats kinda what i was ondering since they implyed that pre orders would arrive around the week begining the 10th which is this week and now were getting another week or so before they ship...makes u wonder what went wrong that it threw out the pre orders by so long?

To cut a very long story short, the printers were about two weeks late delivering the books, and we got them a day before Gen Con, which is being attended by nearly all our mail order staff, on both sides of the ocean.

Apologies for that, and the printers have been soundly whipped.

figured it would be something like that, typical printers eh always claim they can deliver for one date then turn up 2 weeks later wondering why your so mad at them lol, ah well better late than never i guess.

thanks for the heads up matt.

msprange said:
broken serenity said:

To cut a very long story short, the printers were about two weeks late delivering the books, and we got them a day before Gen Con, which is being attended by nearly all our mail order staff, on both sides of the ocean.

So when you said they were arriving on Friday the 31st and were going to be shipped to distributors, that didn't happen and nobody felt like mentioning that, instead of arriving on the week of the tenth, you'd actually ship them the week after?

msprange said:
broken serenity said:

Whats this? Mongoose, trouble with printers? Surely not!

I found another copy at a local store. Considering the book hasn't shipped yet, there shouldn't be a problem cancelling my order and getting it locally, would there be?

I picked up a copy at my local book store and have a second copy on order from mongoose directly. I have to say i am very pleased with the new edition and have played one mission with it with my group and we all loved it. I also used the sound effects and voices and phrases quite a bit as well. Here is looking forward to what is yet to come. :D

I'm biased here for sure but I would recomend it if for nothing else to say that you do have a copy while they last. Worth the price.

Back