Paper miniatures

Please keep all of us posted on this. I think it would be a huge benefit to all fellow Travellers. Especially if there was an air/raft thrown in there too :wink:

Gravmonkey said:
Please keep all of us posted on this. I think it would be a huge benefit to all fellow Travellers. Especially if there was an air/raft thrown in there too :wink:

I will try and put together one of each race, as a full mini, over the weekend. Then some formal approaches to Mongoose might have to be made!

I will try and put together one of each race, as a full mini, over the weekend. Then some formal approaches to Mongoose might have to be made!

Awesome! I think this is the best idea for MGT thats been on the boards for awhile. I'm not a gearhead and neither are my players. I just want to give them some good solid adventures and something like this would help greatly.

Gravmonkey said:
I knocked up a quick Vargr:

It was a 15 minute job, so don't be too critical

Looks pretty decent for 15 minutes. I'll bet you could make some damn fine pieces with enough time. I would definitely give any paper minis you came up with a serious look. Also, I have looked at Precis intermedia's stuff in the past and the quality is impressive.

Looks better than some of the digital artwork in the old SST rulebooks!!

I'm far more into manual artwork though.

I think the weekend was a bit optimistic for all, but here is an Aslan:

Aslan.png

Gravmonkey said:
Also I just found these

http://www.crowstuff.co.uk/rpg/traveller_minis/traveller_minis.htm

The quality sucks but might work in a pinch

Actually, I have to disagree. Wayne's stuff is on par with One Monk's minis on DTRPG, which are also excellent. Arion's stuff, OTOH, not as much. I know he only put 15 minutes of work into the Vargr, and perhaps a bit longer on the Aslan, but both need a lot of work. Wayne's minis are way closer to the Traveller norm.

Pax et bonum,

Dale

Given some of the substandard art across *all* of traveller in all its incarnations I dont think its that big of a deal especially when we are talking about paper miniatures. You know, very small on your tabletop.

Well, i will get the others finished, and a tester sheet of paper minis finished and posted. I might then start a new thread with a poll, and see what the general opinion is.

Back