Orcbusters?

Big Evil

Mongoose
I was told there is a book coming out that features a reinvention of the old campaign "Orcbusters" a definite fantasy parody based around Paranoia.

Any sites or info you can give me about Orcbusters? I've search google and can't seem to find anything with concrete substance. Because I've loved everything about Paranoia so far, and obviously D&D is what got me into rpgs in the first place, and I'd love to learn more about the game that pokes fun at it. (Especialy that jank of a system called 3.5 Edition..)

Ken Rolston's Orcbusters, originally published by West End Games in 1986, is being reprinted (lightly updated for the new edition of PARANOIA) in the forthcoming mission collection Collapsatron. The other classic mission reprinted in the book is Erick Wujcik's Clones in Space.

Orcbusters is an affectionate parody of the old days of D&D, where you could blithely find three cloud giants in a 10x10 room. The updated text follows the original 1986 adventure closely, so there's nothing about the 3.5 edition (sorry about that).

Collapsatron is all done except for the illustrations by the One True PARANOIA Artist, Jim Holloway. You can expect to see Collapsatron sometime this summer.

Well, I guess summers gonna mean more this year, afterall.

I keep hoping some other books pop up at the local store here. Kind of want to complete my collection. But can't do it all at once anyway.

Thanks Allen and crew, you guys keep an old player happy.

Colour me worried; doesn't that mean the Transdimensional Collapsatron, whole Canary Fighters of Dimension Q, strand will be back? Or future, or sideways, whichever.

Colour me worried; doesn't that mean the Transdimensional Collapsatron, whole Canary Fighters of Dimension Q, strand will be back?
No, absolutely not, at least if anyone heeds my advice. The entire West End PARANOIA line post-1989 (everything after The People's Glorious Revolutionary Adventure has been retroactively declared un-product and will not -- or anyway should not -- be reprinted.

But Comrade Varney! The People's Glorious Revolutionary Adventure is beink to have awesome name, da?

Also, please not to be remindink of time I found 3 cloud giants in 10x10 room. Was havink to decant two clones in thirty seconds.

I like all the old stuff. Saw the new Paranoia books on sale at Bosco's in Anchorage, but the kids had my money in hand. Maybe next time.

Back