Oracle class scout cruiser

EricRoss

Mongoose
I was reading my EA Factbook when I noticed something wrong with the Oracle class scout cruiser. Namely the fact that in the Historical Summary it states that the Gamma and Delta models have Standard Missle Racks, not the Partical Beams listed under the weapons description. Since I cannot find an Errata I decided to use my own version which replaces the P-beams with Standard Missile Racks and improves the Agility a little (this ship is slightly smaller then a Hyperion and less heavily armed and armored, it should be more agile):

Oracle class Scout Cruiser:
Colossal II Spacecraft: hp 500; DV 8 (-10 size, +8 agility); DR 10; Spd-; Acc 3; Dcc 2; Han +3; Sensor +8; Stealth 14; SQ Jump Point, Elint, Long-Ranged; Cargo 100,000lbs.; 3 Officers, 6 Pilots, 16 Sensor Operators, 35 Crewmen (60 total)

Delta Model Weapons:
Two Medium Pulse Cannons: 1 forward left, 1 forward right; Attack +2 (targeting Computer); Damage 10+2d10; Critical 19-20; Rapid Fire
Four Standard Missile Racks: 2 front, 2 rear; Guidence 5; Damage 30+3d10; Critical 20; Speed 5; Fuel 5; Reloads 10

Craft
4 Shuttles

EricRoss said:
I was reading my EA Factbook when I noticed something wrong with the Oracle class scout cruiser. Namely the fact that in the Historical Summary it states that the Gamma and Delta models have Standard Missle Racks, not the Partical Beams listed under the weapons description. Since I cannot find an Errata I decided to use my own version which replaces the P-beams with Standard Missile Racks and improves the Agility a little (this ship is slightly smaller then a Hyperion and less heavily armed and armored, it should be more agile):

Referencing the AOG originals (which will be what was intended for these)...

The Oracle Delta's aramament should be;

Two Medium Lasers: Boresight
Seven Particle Beams: 2 Front, 2 Rear, 1 Left, 1 Right, 1 360 degrees
One Medium Plasma Cannon: Front
Four Interceptor MK1: 1 Front Left, 1 Front Right, 1 Rear Left, 1 Rear Right

The Oracle Gamma's aramament should be;

Two Medium Lasers: Boresight
Six Particle Beams: 2 Front, 2 Rear, 1 Left, 1 Right, 1 360 degrees
One Standard Missile Rack: 360 degrees
Four Interceptor MK1: 1 Front Left, 1 Front Right, 1 Rear Left, 1 Rear Right

The Gamma should have a sensor rating 66% greater than the Delta (which should have no ELINT capabilities) and the Stealth rating of the Delta should be coresspondingly lower.

In the interest of openmindedness, here is a version that includes a mix of Lasers and Pulse Cannons with a single missile rack.

Oracle class Scout Cruiser:
Colossal II Spacecraft: hp 500; DV 8 (-10 size, +8 agility); DR 10; Spd-; Acc 3; Dcc 2; Han +3; Sensor +8; Stealth 14; SQ Jump Point, Elint, Long-Ranged; Cargo 100,000lbs.; 3 Officers, 6 Pilots, 16 Sensor Operators, 35 Crewmen (60 total)

Delta Model Weapons:
Two Linked Laser Cannons: Boresight; Attack +2 (targeting computer); Damage 40+6d10; Critical 19-20
Two Medium Pulse Cannons: 1 forward left, 1 forward right; Attack +2 (targeting Computer); Damage 10+2d10; Critical 19-20; Rapid Fire
One Standard Missile Rack: Turret; Guidence 5; Damage 30+3d10; Critical 20; Speed 5; Fuel 5; Reloads 10

Craft
4 Shuttles

Back