Ophir Geography and My Campaign

Ordovician

Mongoose
The map in the Mongoose book says the Karpash Mts. are the ones on the north of Ophir. I've seen other maps which have the Karpashes as the mountains in the SE corner near Corinthia. Which is the canonically correct version?

I've finally decided on the placement of my campaign in Ophir. For the first adventure I was maybe going to do something with bandits who attack a caravan of gold from one of the mines in the mountains, maybe the bandits should be tied in with a demon of some sort (I'm thinking Kthantos from one of the pastiches or maybe the god from 'The Black Stone').

Ordovician said:
The map in the Mongoose book says the Karpash Mts. are the ones on the north of Ophir. I've seen other maps which have the Karpashes as the mountains in the SE corner near Corinthia. Which is the canonically correct version?

I've finally decided on the placement of my campaign in Ophir. For the first adventure I was maybe going to do something with bandits who attack a caravan of gold from one of the mines in the mountains, maybe the bandits should be tied in with a demon of some sort (I'm thinking Kthantos from one of the pastiches or maybe the god from 'The Black Stone').

Get the old TSR adventure, CONAN THE TRIUMPHANT based on the novel by Robert Jordan. All of it takes place in Ophir with political intrigue, civil war and a demon-worshipping cult! Awesome book and adventure, with lots of street and building maps of Ianthe.

"...The map in the Mongoose book says the Karpash Mts. are the ones on the north of Ophir. I've seen other maps which have the Karpashes as the mountains in the SE corner near Corinthia. Which is the canonically correct version?..."

The map for the 'Road of Kings' Gazetteer will have The main Karpash Mountains in North Ophir, with a smaller ridge running southeast to the borders of Koth, Corinthia, and Ophir.

Ordovician said:

I am not sure there is a canonically correct answer. Howard speaks of the grassy meadowlands of Ophir in The Scarlet Citadel and doesn't really discuss the borders. L. Sprague de Camp in The Star of Khorala describes the borders as "craggy", and taking seven days to reach the fertile meadows. Most of the information about those mountains come from the pastiches.

Back