Omega-Class Command Destroyer Vs Walock?

which one will you use?

• Omega-Class Command Destroyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alien027

Mongoose
Can anyone tell me why I will use an Omega-Class Command Destroyer at pl war if I could use a Warlock at the same PL level? :?

i voted omega but actually if i had to use a war level ship now it would probably be the poisedon, or no war at all, prob 2 marathons or standard omegas

I voted Omega Command Destroyer, seeing as it's the only War priority level ship in those two options.

No "I'd use something different' option. I'd probably stick with two Omega's or a Poseidon depending.

As to your survey, It would have to be the Omega Command. The Warlock is getting beefed up and bumped to Armageddon.

Under the current system, about the only reason to take a command Omega is the initiative boost. That can come in handy when lining up boresights on ships like the Omega itself. The Poseidon will give you a slightly better boost (Command 3 vs. Command 2) but is next to useless otherwise thanks to the overall ineffectiveness of fighters.

Subject to change when Armegeddon is officially released (and not just in PDF format for tournament goers...) of course, but at the moment that's about the best reason I can come up with.

Obsidian has it and even then it'd have to be a pretty big fleet to warrant spending a War point on a ship that is barely better than a Battle ship.

But seeing as the Warlock isn't War level anymore, I think the answer has to be the Omega Command Destroyer.

The Warlock as per SFoS is grossly, overwhelmingly, obviously superior to the Command Omega. There is no sane reason to take a Command Omega in preference to a Warlock. Only a lunatic would contemplate it...

...which is, I suppose, why Alien is asking this question. :wink:

Which goes for the hyperion command as well, and the Narn G'Quan refits at war lvl too.

Nutters seem to think that some fancy C3 equipment is better than a bigger gun.......grumble

Ripple said:
But the Warlock is still war unti Arm. comes out. That was the point of the post.

Ripple

But after Armagedon, We will have 3 eras to play B5 and IF! I'm right, only in the armagedon era the Warlock is Armagedon level, in the other two continue with the pl war. And at War level the warlock is better.

One thing I beleve is a mistake, In Armagedon, Why the Warlock is Armagedon pl if I cound use a Nemesis? :roll:

Yup Warlock is Armeggeddon now, we lucky, lucky, lucky EA players have THREE choices at the Armaggeddon level

Back