NPC Cards - FINAL DRAFTS (All classes!)

I figured that with NPCs, they are basically exactly as corrupt as the GM wants them to be.

Ditto for fate points.

This is outstanding work, mayhem. A great benefit to anyone who would use them to be sure. Also checked out S'mone's 101 NPC's; great stuff there too.

quick question though, as I'm new to forum stuff in general:

which links can you download the updated information from....page 7 or page 1?

Thanks for your hard efforts! And happy gaming.

Tim

Tim Mercado said:
which links can you download the updated information from....page 7 or page 1?

Either - they link to the same place.

Remember, if you spot any errors, or have any questions, post 'em here!

I'm still up for suggestions as to equipment for given class/race combinations at various levels.

Incidentally, it's very easy for me to show purely the data (no lines or boxes) on top of any background, so if any artistically inclined folks would care to draw a blank, artistic looking version of the sheet to put behind the data, well I reckon that might be pretty cool.

Which in itself reminds me - somebody asked for a blank version of the sheets:

http://homepages.manx.net/mayhemsmaps/conanrpg/BLANK_SAMPLES.pdf

I've just added shields to the appropriate characters. Sheild bonuses are nt added to the Parry/Dodge stats, since they will not always apply. Nor are their skill penalties factored in - assume the shield is laid aside when skill use becomes important, or add in the penalty when required.

I also notice that the parry box has skipped upwards slightly - the three defensive values should be grouped together. I'll correct it in the next upload.

OK, I finally got the time to look through the skills of the thief cards. Found a couple of things, some of them skill-related, some of them not:

* The Hyborian has Listen listed twice. The points add up though, meaning that the extra ranks that have gone into Listen should be placed elsewhere.

* Disguise gets synergy bonus from having 5 ranks in Bluff. This bonus is only valid when in disguise and "acting in character", so I guess its mostly a matter of taste if you want to include it or not.

* The level 20 Zamorian is missing one point from Move Silently, probably the point you get from Light Footed.

* Noticed that you changed the Hyborians abilities from the usual 15,14,13,12,10,8 to 14,13,13,12,12,8. I'm pretty sure this was intentional, but I just thought I'd check.

* At levels 1 and 2 (both Hyborian and Zamorian), dodge defense is one point to high. Looks like they get the benefit from the Dodge feat, even though they don't have it until level 3.

* Some layout stuff: parts of text sometimes end up outside of the box. This is the case with the Sneak attack class feature at level 1 and the Mobility feat at level 5. Not a nig deal at all though, you can easily still read it.

Thats all I got for now.

Trodax said:
OK, I finally got the time to look through the skills of the thief cards. Found a couple of things, some of them skill-related, some of them not:

* The Hyborian has Listen listed twice. The points add up though, meaning that the extra ranks that have gone into Listen should be placed elsewhere.

* Disguise gets synergy bonus from having 5 ranks in Bluff. This bonus is only valid when in disguise and "acting in character", so I guess its mostly a matter of taste if you want to include it or not.

* The level 20 Zamorian is missing one point from Move Silently, probably the point you get from Light Footed.

* Noticed that you changed the Hyborians abilities from the usual 15,14,13,12,10,8 to 14,13,13,12,12,8. I'm pretty sure this was intentional, but I just thought I'd check.

* At levels 1 and 2 (both Hyborian and Zamorian), dodge defense is one point to high. Looks like they get the benefit from the Dodge feat, even though they don't have it until level 3.

* Some layout stuff: parts of text sometimes end up outside of the box. This is the case with the Sneak attack class feature at level 1 and the Mobility feat at level 5. Not a nig deal at all though, you can easily still read it.

Thats all I got for now.

Fixed all the missing points etc, and the layout problem.

On all of the cards, stats are often redistributed in order to better meet the concept. The Hyborian Theif is meant as more of a con-man type, the Zamorian as a Burglar. The stats were modified to better fit the concept.

And yes, I decided to keep the Bluff synergy bonus to disguise.

I also filled in the equipment section for both thieves.

Sneaky, the program is the free version of PDFmailer, as you can see from the banner accross teh top of each sheet.

You can find it here:

http://www.gotomaxx.com/cgi-bin/gm/site.cgi?file=mp_uebersicht

Once all the little details have been sorted, I'll take the database in to work and use Acrobat to make some without the banner.

Mayhem,

Real life has intervened to prevent me from doing much proof-reading of the NPC cards but I did catch a couple of minor bugs.

The Hyborian borderer has an extra feat (Rapid Shot) at 2nd level and the Parry/Dodge values seem to be too high by +1 at 3rd and +2 at 7th.

The Chagan noble doesn't seem to be getting a wisdom bonus to Listen and Spot skill checks or else there is an extraneous -1 modifier from somewhere that I missed.

I just did a quick spot check of the classes above so I may have missed additional bugs but I thought I'd let you know before you released the final version of the cards. I'll try to check the two classes more thoroughly in the next couple of days.

Myrmidon

Okay,

Now that I have recovered from the excitement of the major classes of NPC's (this will make it so easy to run campaigns that I am "giddy"), one request:

Any chance of having the Temptress developed using your NPC card system?

HLD

Back