No FFTD

you"are also running to your letterbox every morning

beeing afraid neighbors will think you are crazy

only things that arrives are bills payable :x

Hey, I ordered my book 5 days ago and I havent gotten my copy yet either.

I demand airfair from Seattle to London and an tour.

Ohhh, yeah! I like the sound of that!

And a pony. I want a pony. With a Sommersword on it. The real one, not that replica.

Hunting Moon said:

And a pony. I want a pony. With a Sommersword on it. The real one, not that replica.

My pony arrived in the mail yesterday. TBH I wasn't really expecting it as I didn't read through the terms of the Megadeal that closely. Not 100% sure where I am going to keep it...

jadrax said:
Hunting Moon said:

My pony arrived in the mail yesterday. TBH I wasn't really expecting it as I didn't read through the terms of the Megadeal that closely. Not 100% sure where I am going to keep it...

I bet the RSPCA would have something to say about that! :p

Okay, while I may not be the first US resident to actually get it, I am the first one to post online that I have it. So it has crossed the ocean now. Eveyone be sure to look for the brown hand-addressed padded envelope amidst you bills and Netflix DVDs. :p

(edit) Oh, and given the size of the book and rigidity of the spine-piece, the binding is quite appropriate. Not upset at all about that. The way it was done we'll have no spine creases from opening the book wide, and they'll all fit side by side, flush on the bookshelf.

Good work Mongoose.

Hmm I only saw the pre-order link for the first two new LW books, so I ordered through there. Hope I got it right but they really should update that page.

perhaps no more Books avaible now so it still would be a pre-order.

it would be nice to know when last pre-orderd books was shipped

I know this might annoy some people who haven't got theirs yet but my replacement book arrived in the post today with edges on the pages and all the letters :). Mongoose truly do value their customers.

That means that the second wave of books went out in the post yesterday ('cause they got a load of copies in last week but had to wait for the postman to drop in on monday).

I find it total BS that my first copy hasn't even gotten to me but people are recieving replacement copies already.

Where are you in the world? You see, we've had postal strikes here in the UK which had, at one point, generated a backlog of 20,000 parcels (that's twenty thousand undelivered parcels & packages). Things are getting back to normal but some stuff's bound to get caught up in the hold ups.

Mongoose can't do anything about that, it was Royal Mail who've gone on strike over pay rises.

Got my copy today, delivered by hand mail!!!

No, LOL, I took Matt up on his most generous offer and drove over for a visit. Thanks for the warm welcome all the guys (and girls) who were there!

I haven't been able to read much yet, but so far....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

I got my replacement copy yesterday and it was a great improvement over the original I had recieved. Not only was the page layout correct but the the binding was much better too and I didn't feel like I could loose a finger if I closed it carelessly. Thanks Mogoose, great job.

Paul

KaiLord said:
Okay, while I may not be the first US resident to actually get it, I am the first one to post online that I have it. So it has crossed the ocean now. Eveyone be sure to look for the brown hand-addressed padded envelope amidst you bills and Netflix DVDs. :p

(edit) Oh, and given the size of the book and rigidity of the spine-piece, the binding is quite appropriate. Not upset at all about that. The way it was done we'll have no spine creases from opening the book wide, and they'll all fit side by side, flush on the bookshelf.

Good work Mongoose.

Where do you live in the U.S.?

I live in Texas, I preordered the book, I paid, AND I AM DO NOT HAVE THE BOOK YET.

I am thinking very seriously about won't buy more new books and enjoy just with the old ones, because I can not wait so much time for every book

(sorry, I am angry)

@Ser Andrew: I'm in southern MS. The book was not from the UK, so Mongoose must have a distribution hub over here.

There is a post on Planet Mongoose about the delays to FftD, it is suggested that all the backlog should be cleared by early next week. Though it appears that there are problems with warping on some of the covers, though again offers of a free replacement are made.

Still not got mine, but I'm now hopeful that it will come soon.

Back