Nirvanna

Arkobla Conn

Mongoose
I just found all my Conan the King (King Conan), Conan the Barbarian and Savage sword of Conan comics I had stashed away these ten years. I red issues 26 and 27 of Savage sword (Beyond the Thunder River) and am in Conan heaven...

What really surprised me was that in issue 27, there were guest artists...they appeared to be reader submissions...one was a young guy name cylde caldwell and another was from a guy name Jeff Easly...

Arkobla Conn said:
What really surprised me was that in issue 27, there were guest artists...they appeared to be reader submissions...one was a young guy name cylde caldwell and another was from a guy name Jeff Easly...
That's funny with the guest artists. :)

I recently found my small collection of Conan Saga and SSOC too, but I only had a one-year subscription to the comics. I will do a massive scavenger hunt through old, dusty comic book shops on my next visit state-side.

TTFN,

Yokiboy

I have often gone back and reread my SSoC comics, and after two issues of Dark Horse's Conan, I must say I think it is a worthy successor to SSoC. If only it was as long as SSoC was...

Grim Wanderer

Hey Guys,
Can anyone remember what issues of SSOC had the two or three part story of the Hyborean Age Essay written by Howard. I beleive it was Walt Simonson who penciled the story. I want to say it was issues 25-28 or 50-53. Anyway I wanted this available as a short condensed history for my group to read through.
Thanks guys
ZD

It sure is but unfortunatly not everyone in the group can afford the core rulebok plus while edited the 3 parter is a great condensed read that newbies can finish in about 10 minutes as a primer.
Plus I love Simonson's art.
When you get time that would be great. If not I understand.
Thanks
ZD

I don't have a full set of the mags, but I'll happily look for them. It'll give me another reason to flip through some old favorites.

Ark

THanks Dude, Not like we really need a reason to flip through back issues anyway
:D
I am not sure but I want to say that Queen of the Black Coast was retold in three issues as part of the same run.
Thank Man
ZD

Back