News on New Traveller Books!

Hi :)

I was just wondering, now that we are well into January, if there was any news on either 2300 or the Vehicle book ? .

Mara.

Prime_Evil said:
I reckon that Something Awful managed to identify the worst Vagr picture of all time for their retrospective of bad artwork from classic Traveller books:

They also got one of the best !
http://i.somethingawful.com/u/elpintogrande/jan11/werewolf/09.gif

pity its from Warewolf :>

Amazon just arbitrarily cancelled my pre-order for the Traveller Campaign, citing unavailability of supply. Oh well............

Grazelander said:
Amazon just arbitrarily cancelled my pre-order for the Traveller Campaign, citing unavailability of supply. Oh well............
How is it "arbitrarily" if they gave justification? (and just how long has this been sitting as 'pre-order' with them?)

Remember, business' *do* have reasons for their actions - they may be indecipherable and incomprehensible in defiance of all know logic and common sense, but they do things for a reason. :shock:

: - )

Have the campaign guides and the vechile book gone to print yet? That said I rather have them late if you need a little more time to do proofing and play testing!

renski said:
Have the campaign guides and the vechile book gone to print yet? That said I rather have them late if you need a little more time to do proofing and play testing!

By this time in the release schedule the playtesting anyways should be over with.

AndrewW said:
renski said:

By this time in the release schedule the playtesting anyways should be over with.
Do you have any official word on this or.. just a personal guestimate?

GamerDude said:
Do you have any official word on this or.. just a personal guestimate?

Offical no, but having done some playtesting on Supplement 5-6: Vehicle Handbook I can say we are done with the playtesting for that product, so Supplement 9: Campaign Guide playtesting should be finished as well.

Just to let you all know, both Campaign and Vehicle are at print. The former is due in our warehouse right at the end of the month, so beginning of February is likely to see it in your hands. We are currently waiting a date for Vehicle, but it will follow very soon after Campaign.

For what it is worth, Vehicle is a personal favourite of mine, and I am really excited to see what you all think of it!

GamerDude said:
Grazelander said:
How is it "arbitrarily" if they gave justification? (and just how long has this been sitting as 'pre-order' with them?)

Remember, business' *do* have reasons for their actions - they may be indecipherable and incomprehensible in defiance of all know logic and common sense, but they do things for a reason. :shock:

: - )

I meant that they cancelled it without asking first. In the past they have usually sent an email asking if I wanted to keep it on order. It had been pre-ordered since November and just found it strange they did not ask first.

Grazelander said:
I meant that they cancelled it without asking first. In the past they have usually sent an email asking if I wanted to keep it on order. It had been pre-ordered since November and just found it strange they did not ask first.
My point is... I can see them doing that *IF* they were keeping the book in their system as "coming out about the time of the return of whatever" but if they just dropped it entirely - why ask if you want to keep on pre-order something they won't even have in the system to track a pre-order of?

Back