New SRD-based rules system...GORE...by Goblinoid Games

I've actually thought pretty long and hard about this OGC issue, and the next revision of GORE (which I will post soon) with have altered language in the license info, such that it will say the following:

DESIGNATION OF OPEN GAME CONTENT
All language and format taken directly from the Open Game Content in the System Reference Documents listed above is Open Game Content. In addition to terms and language taken directly from Open Game Content, all new skill names and all skill base percentages (but not their descriptions), all new profession names and their suggested skill names, all new spells including new spell description language, and the Opposition Table are Open Game Content. No further new material presented here is open.

DESIGNATION OF PRODUCT IDENTITY
All original language and presentation, including original skill description and original rule and procedure description language, in this work except that which is stated in the Designation of Open Game Content section is product identity and cannot be used without permission. GORETM, G.O.R.E.TM, Lite GORETM, Lite G.O.R.E.TM, and “Generic Old-school Role-playing Engine” are trademarks of Daniel Proctor and are product identity. The author’s name , Goblinoid Games, all artwork and layout is product identity, except that artwork which does not belong to Goblinoid Games and is used here under license.

As for the GORE license itself, it is comparable to other licenses and I do not find it too restrictive. However, if a serious publisher came to me with specific concerns we might be able to reach an agreement or special license.

Just a quick note...

The new version of GORE is up, which contains a modified designation of OGC and product identity, as indicated in the post above. The cover of the new version is a little different too.

http://www.goblinoidgames.com/gore.htm

The Secret of Whispering Wood, by Stuart Marshall

A 25 page adventure for beginning characters, written for the GORE rule system. This system is easily compatible with MRQ, RQ2/3 og other BRP systems.

It is an open-ended fantasy scenario set in a forest inhabited by strange races. The first part of the adventure takes place in the forest, while the second part takes place in an underground temple (a short dungeon crawl). Some other inhabitants not part of the main scenario are also described, and can be brought into play according to the GM's wishes.

What I really like with the scenario is that it has no set storyline. The actions of the players will determine how the scenario play out, and which part in the ongoing struggle they will take (if any). It also provides some help to the GM in how to expand the scenario as he wish.

Only thing I didn't like about it was that to save space stats of "typical" orcs, brockmen, skeletons are given, which you can multiply up, instead of having the "typical" members of the groups fleshed out individually too. (It would have been better to flesh out the NPcs than having the writeup for the cult of Sstependar Yon, f.ex.).

All in all though, a good scenario! Thumbs up! :)

SGL.

Nothing is on the board at the moment. I have another "secret" project in the works which is unrelated to GORE, so this will take my time for a few months. There have been some inklings that other publishers are thinking of creating supplements for GORE. We'll have to wait and see on that front. I do plan to support GORE in the future with more fantasy, sci-fi, and cosmic horror supplements, but I have no timeline at the moment.

Back