New player resource recommendations

Paladin

Mongoose
I'm putting together an info sheet for new players that play demos to help them followup/get plugged in/learn more about the game.

What recommendations do you have as resources or URLs for new players?

I don't know if most people will pay the price, but whether you are a GM or just a player, this book is an invaluable tool that many people don't know about.

The book is called "People's Names" by Holly Ingraham and published by McFarland books. It runs around $50 new and is a jewel to add to any collection. Seriously, this is one of those GM secrets (and writers) that most people don't know about.

Buy this book and no matter what game you play, write or run you will find this book invaluable.

Eric in Vegas

Not sure whether you are talking just about Conan or not. I was at a convention last weekend and a fellow player who GMs stuff recommended roleplayingtips.com. I'm reading the latest newsletter right now as it seems to address a problem we have.

Ichabod said:
Not sure whether you are talking just about Conan or not. I was at a convention last weekend and a fellow player who GMs stuff recommended roleplayingtips.com. I'm reading the latest newsletter right now as it seems to address a problem we have.

I subscribe to the mailing list. It's decent. Occasionally there are some real gems in there. It's free, so the price is right.

Back