New errata for Core Rulebook 2022

Lime2K

Mongoose
So I was reading through the Traveller Core Rulebook (the most recent release, downloaded through DriveThruRPG), and upon reading through to the Weapons/Slug Throwers section (pages 126-128), I noticed that there is no text description for the Assault Rifle. It looks like it got missed in the transition to the new layout, as there IS one for it in the 2016/Starter Set version.

A couple more minor things I found of note:
On the deplanes of the System Defense Boat on page 201, the three staterooms in the center of the ship are missing their bunks.
And nowhere in the book is a note of the fact that standard spacecraft designs cost 10% less than the basic calculated price. (The Common Spacecraft chapter intro on page 188 would likely be the best place to add it, as there's already a paragraph noting that the designs in the book ARE standard designs.)

IIRC the Mongoose books never stated in the text there is a 10% standard discount so I at first assumed this rule was not copy and pasted from Classic Traveller for a reason and doesn't apply any more.

But then you look closely at the ship designs at least in High Guard and lo and behold at the bottom there is a total which is indeed 10% higher than the purchase price.

So yes it really does need to be noted in the text.

Having said this I'd also allow some variation in standard designs - most obviously adding weapons and turrets to ships with hardpoints but also any add-on that does not change the basic design - up to the value of 10% if PCs at character generation want it and can can throw in a ship share or two.

IIRC the Mongoose books never stated in the text there is a 10% standard discount so I at first assumed this rule was not copy and pasted from Classic Traveller for a reason and doesn't apply any more.

But then you look closely at the ship designs at least in High Guard and lo and behold at the bottom there is a total which is indeed 10% higher than the purchase price.

So yes it really does need to be noted in the text.

Having said this I'd also allow some variation in standard designs - most obviously adding weapons and turrets to ships with hardpoints but also any add-on that does not change the basic design - up to the value of 10% if PCs at character generation want it and can can throw in a ship share or two.

The discount -is- explicitly noted in High Guard under the heading "STANDARD DESIGNS VS. NEW DESIGNS" on page 8 (both the original and 2022 versions):
Some ship designs have been used for centuries and have become standard across the stars. Plans for such spacecraft are freely available and components can be purchased in bulk by shipyards, reducing the cost of the ship’s construction by 10%. This reduced cost does not include ammunition for weapons or fuel, which must be bought at full price.

Either mark up should be higher, or the manufacturers appear to have retained considerably inefficiency in their operations.

Back