New downloads: Flight from the Dark solo adventure and rules

I spotted a minor glitch in my game.

In chapter no 275, you have to roll a Stealth check opposed by the Krann's Perception of +11.

If you fail, turn to 345.
If you succeed, turn to 74.

Problem is, 345 details a success while 74 looks like a miss, so I guess they should be swapped. That's what I did.

Detail, I know, but you asked for feedback, so...

redlaco said:
I spotted a minor glitch in my game.

In chapter no 275, you have to roll a Stealth check opposed by the Krann's Perception of +11.

If you fail, turn to 345.
If you succeed, turn to 74.

Problem is, 345 details a success while 74 looks like a miss, so I guess they should be swapped. That's what I did.

Detail, I know, but you asked for feedback, so...

Details are what we want. Anything you gents find wrong or odd, post it here.

Cheers,

confusedwolf yes, psychic combat does work even if mindblast does not, i assure you. Mindblast, apart from activating the kai's psychic powers, has a host of other abilities that complement psychic combat and a kai who uses the two in conjunction becomes devastating, at ANY level (even at high ips. Only tier 5 psi-surge trumps more). Do not let decieved by the name, look at the individual powers.

Okay, you're right. I didn't read the Mindblast description carefully enough (missed the last paragraph for every tier). :oops:

Thanks for enlightening me, Xex!

Also read the description of mindshield again. It protects the kai from mindblast, and gives + will saves, but does not otherwise protect from psychic combat.

Though at Tier II a Kai can errect a shield in psychic combat and at Tier IV he will automatically errect such a shield.

Confused Wolf wrote:
The problem with "Flight from Darkness D20" is that, if you want to meet Banedon, there is no way to get past the beast. And then you most certainly get eaten. Did Mongoose playtest this conversion at all?

We did, and we knew it was tough!

Now I see how to kill that beast. Sorry for making such a rash statement. Keep up the good work, Mongoose!

What does the "good" mean in the Vordak special quality (p. 282):

Damage Reduction 5/magic or good.

Also, does Magic Resistance/Immunity also work against psychic combat?

Thanks!

I'd like to know how any of you ended up beating this book. It is EXTREMELY difficult. I'm not sure it can be done without running away from helping innocents or the Prince (that's the path I followed).

munari said:
What does the "good" mean in the Vordak special quality (p. 282):

Damage Reduction 5/magic or good.

Also, does Magic Resistance/Immunity also work against psychic combat?

Thanks!

The good means that the damage reduction can be bypassed by a magic weapon or a good-aligned weapon.

And magic resistance doesn't do anything against psychic combat.

munari said:
I'd like to know how any of you ended up beating this book. It is EXTREMELY difficult. I'm not sure it can be done without running away from helping innocents or the Prince (that's the path I followed).

As someone allready told us and as I understood: this adventure is designed for NOT ONLY ONE player... that can explain many things I guess... :wink:

As someone allready told us and as I understood: this adventure is designed for NOT ONLY ONE player... that can explain many things I guess...

Who said that? Xex said something about the monsters (in the LW PG book) being designed for whole groups instead just one "lone wolf", but don't think he meant that the adventure was designed for more than one player.

I'm pretty sure that the adventure was indeed designed for one person and thus you better not help those poor refugees or try to avenge the prince...

Hmmm... you should be right. I haven't read the previous messages so carefully and perhaps my weak knowledge of english is not an aid...

Back