My fleets, (and cat) some pictures

Looking at the fighters, I see the old Kotha thing that has been bothering me for a while... in B5Wars times, the broad end of the Kotha was the front, but Mongoose seems to have changed that, so Kothas are now shown with the small end up front (both in pictures and on counters) - does anyone know whether that was intentional, something that just happened, or is the broad end still considered the cockpit?

Ok, it doesn´t really make a difference, but I was wondering...

here is our cat (lazy so and so)
Ninja.jpg

Love the cat stuff....=)

Backwards ships...

It's mongoose that has always gotten the direction of the Milani and the Kotha backwards. Milani's have always been (like the other Abbai) pointy end forward. The orange glows on the Kotha were the engines, no idea how they got reversed.

Ripple

Burger said:
Banichi, your cat looks just like mine :)

He does, doesn't he.

DSC00048.jpg

If we are not careful this thread will get renamed "Forum users cats(and some fleet pics) :lol: :lol: :lol: [/img]

Ripple said:
Love the cat stuff....=)

Backwards ships...

It's mongoose that has always gotten the direction of the Milani and the Kotha backwards. Milani's have always been (like the other Abbai) pointy end forward. The orange glows on the Kotha were the engines, no idea how they got reversed.

Ripple

Had a feeling this was the case. I looked at the pictures in the online store, and it just didn't seem right. I even took the unpainted milani mini to the club one Sunday and asked people which end they thought was the front, and almost everyone I asked said "the end with the two pointy bits"

No, the Milani´s pointy end IS the back - for some reason, AOG decided that the Milai was launching its fighters backwards, and the fighter bays are next to the "spikes"...

MGP has a knack for putting ships backwards.

Check out the EA fleet pic in the shop, full points to the person who spots the Omega. :roll:

MustEatBrains said:
Looking at the fighters, I see the old Kotha thing that has been bothering me for a while... in B5Wars times, the broad end of the Kotha was the front, but Mongoose seems to have changed that, so Kothas are now shown with the small end up front (both in pictures and on counters) - does anyone know whether that was intentional, something that just happened, or is the broad end still considered the cockpit?

Ok, it doesn´t really make a difference, but I was wondering...

From the old B5 Wars model it was the broad end with the two engine pods at the front. As far as the back to font pic goes its probably just an error.

The flying bases are quite nice, but dude theres WAAAAAAY cheaper ways of getting 'small clear plastic triangles' than using GF9 counters!

Id suggest just buying a sheet of plastic from a hardware store and cutting it. As an alternate idea has anyone tried simply mounting another round base part of flying base on top of the stem (uspsidedown) since that could work well I reckon....

Ah well to each their own, I just think GF9 stuff as nice as it is costs a FORTUNE and theres no way I'd buy it to use in such a manner (if I had spares lying around thats one thing but frankly I dont know many people who have THAT many spare counters :p)

To MustEatBrains and all...

I did go check as I didn't want to continue to slam Mongoose if I was wrong, but they do indeed put the milani backwards...

The pointy bits are the front end of the ship. It has two bays forward (and slightly outbound pointing) with the central 'door' on the aft being the engine opening (single large thruster in B5Wars terms).

It's a matter of taste to some degree, as long as everyone in the battle is clear I guess, but I would bet if I was flying my Omega backwards there would be a fuss.

Ripple

Ripple said:
To MustEatBrains and all...

I did go check as I didn't want to continue to slam Mongoose if I was wrong, but they do indeed put the milani backwards...

The pointy bits are the front end of the ship. It has two bays forward (and slightly outbound pointing) with the central 'door' on the aft being the engine opening (single large thruster in B5Wars terms).

It's a matter of taste to some degree, as long as everyone in the battle is clear I guess, but I would bet if I was flying my Omega backwards there would be a fuss.

Ripple

I just took a look at the old ship control sheet, and on that the two spikes really are up front (although I have to say that the actual miniature is much nicer than the graphic on the sheet, ehich only very remotely looks like it). I still wonder what my oppinion was based on though, since I´ve been pretty sure about it - I guess I´ll look up the old League 1 supplement (wherever I put that, haven´t needed it in quite a while...)

Still, the Kotha does look better with the broad end up front, doesn´t it?

Back