My fleets, (and cat) some pictures

Yes, I really was wrong - these pictures are from the old AOG homepage, and they had every ship there pointed with the fron towards the camera:

fa2663.jpg

miliani.jpg

Yeah...I prefer the broad end up front on the Kotha (AoG had them that way).

Makes you feel better a lot of my local friends look at the models for the Milani and made the same mistake. They thought the central engine opening was the bay, it does look like it has doors and the bay openings were the engines.

Of course they also keep asking me why my drazi are flying away from the enemy. Some folks can't grasp the concept of wide end toward enemy...why?...cause its all about the guns not the engine.

All aside, just a pet peeve of mine when mongoose doesn't honor the work and creativity of the folks who built the base they are making money off of. Especially given the JMS (is that right?) dubbed the B5Wars material canon for the purposes of what the fleets were.

Ripple

Locutus9956 said:
The flying bases are quite nice, but dude theres WAAAAAAY cheaper ways of getting 'small clear plastic triangles' than using GF9 counters!

Oh it wasn't really as expensive as that. I got them in bulk, and as blanks, so the cost of 100 plus postage came to a little more than the cost of 2 packs of fighters. And since I went 3 per base (considering the amount of fighter bases I've made) I saved a fare bit there. I did try to cut my own,(and by some miracle I still have all my fingers :lol: ) and I just couldn't get the neatness I wanted, in the gauge of plastic I wanted. I even went hunting for clear tidily winks.

I do realise that I probably didn't need to represent every flight in the fleets I've made. But a big part of the hobby for me is the collecting, and construction of a fleet. Now all I need to do is figure out what to do with around 40 mgp flight stands. I wonder if I could sell them back to Mongoose :lol:

Banichi said:
I did try to cut my own,(and by some miracle I still have all my fingers :lol: ) and I just couldn't get the neatness I wanted, in the gauge of plastic I wanted. I even went hunting for clear tidily winks.
You need the right kind of blade on the right kind of saw for that...
I think the Dremel has a plastic cutter. But then you need a frame that will hold the plastic in place to get it clean.

"I feel like I'm being pecked to death by... Vir, what are those human creatures with the webbed feet, go 'quack'?"
"Cats?"
"Yes, cats. I feel like I'm being pecked to death by cats"

Back