My fleets, (and cat) some pictures

Banichi

Cosmic Mongoose
Hi all. Since I'm on call, and stuck at home, and the latest shipment of minies I ordered still hasn't arrived. I've had a play with the camera and taken some shots of my fleets. Sorry the quality isn't that hot, I'm no great photographer. And the camera has a flash like a supernova. (the only tape I could find was pink, which didn't create the effect I was looking for.)

The mighty Centauri Republic, off to spank those narns.

DSC00071.jpg

[/img]
DSC00072.jpg

The EA Third Age. Except for the cutters, which get to pretend to be hermes.

DSC00074.jpg

[/img]
DSC00077.jpg

The Shadows. Yes, I know, I didn't exactly try too hard with these. But the first ship I put together was use as a test bed for painting. After I had tried 7 different way to paint shadow pattern (even down to painting the ship black, and drawing the pattern on with a soft graphite pencil. It just chipped off the paint) I kind of gave up, and painted them black and varnished them.

DSC00078.jpg

My LONAW fleet, so far. Just waiting for the mail to come. The Abbai ships are not that bright blue, I painted them ultra marine blue, and the camera flash did the rest.

[/img]
DSC00082.jpg

And finally. My cat waging phycological warfare on an intruder. (quail before me, for I am up high, and you're not) No particular reason to include this, other than it amused me.

DSC00043.jpg
[/img]

Fiztbane_65 said:
where did you get those fighter bases? or are those home made?

Home made. The base is a gw small flight stand, and the triangle the fighters are mounted on is a flames of war pinned marker. I ordered a pile from GF9, and drilled the holes myself.

I gotta agree, while your ships look great, the cat somehow really fits in with the B5 feeling. Its this little laugh B5 shows can give you, serious as hell, but all of the sudden on guy says somthing funny ^^.

your fleets look real good. :shock:

I Like those fighter bases too I'M going to look at the war store web site now and see what you talking about.

can you go into more detales about how you made them?

thanks

:wink: BC

your fleets look real good. :shock:

I Like those fighter bases too I'M going to look at the war store web site now and see what you talking about.

can you go into more detales about how you made them?

thanks

:wink: BC

I was looking at those flames of war pinned marker at the war store but 4 for 10 buck is a litte steep is there another way?

I'm only want the pinned marker.

is there a way to just get pinned marker only?

BC

lookup timeslip on this forum, he makes them and hes in the usa,
i use them for my fighters, theres a pic of them on my post about my vree

I like the look of those light-blue ships. Maybe not having them Ultra-Marine Blue and going with Sky Blue would be better.

Oh, and you flying saucers are flying inj reverse. Just thought I'd let you know...

Nice centauri. but i mean they looks better with some shadings and drybrushes. :wink:

apropos cat pics....our cat is ready to ship out to an new owner.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
have shot this during my work on the Valerius orders for the next week.
SiriBilder136.jpg

BADGERCLAW said:
I Like those fighter bases too I'M going to look at the war store web site now and see what you talking about. can you go into more detales about how you made them? BC

DSC00050.jpg

I didn't the tokens by the packet, I got in touch with one of the guys from GF9 and asked them if I could get the "plastic triangles from FOW,in bulk, and without the transfers" They are very helpful, but they must have been wondering what I wanted with 100 clear triangles. I will have a hunt around my old e-mails, hopefully I havn't deleted the address of the guy I talked to.

[/img]
DSC00051.jpg

Once I had them it was a simple matter of just drilling the holes, and mounting them on the gw flight stands. One thing I found was that you had to drill very quickly, or very slowly and gently. Anywhere in between and the corner snaps off the triangle.

And yes I know my milanis are backwards :lol: I spent ages looking at them when I got them, and I just like them better that way round. For some reason the pointy bits kept reminding me of bunny ears when the mini was the right way around.[/quote]

Banichi

didn't the tokens by the packet, I got in touch with one of the guys from GF9 and asked them if I could get the "plastic triangles from FOW,in bulk, and without the transfers" They are very helpful, but they must have been wondering what I wanted with 100 clear triangles. I will have a hunt around my old e-mails, hopefully I havn't deleted the address of the guy I talked to.

thanks I would real like to do my fighter the way you have done yours

(Centauri)Urobach said:
Nice centauri. but i mean they looks better with some shadings and drybrushes. :wink:

I know :lol: I have a pot of my friends home made wash to shade them with, but it is sitting next to the packet of FOW tank numbers that I am (someday) going to use on my EA ships. Cats can't seem to help themselves around boxes can they :lol:

Back