My collection so far...

Vincent791

Mongoose
Hey! I just got Road of Kings! That was the book I was looking for the most, so now I feel like a kid.

About my next buy, please comment about this ones:

Scrolls of Skelos
Tales of the Black Kingdom
Free Companies
H's Fiercest
H's Finest
H's Fallen

Thanks in advance!

I got hooked on Conan as soon as a friend was telling me about Mongoose's OGL version.

I went out and grabbed the Atlantean Edition rulebook and the following:

Scrolls of Skelos
The Road of Kings
GM Screen
Hyboria's Fiercest
Hyboria's Finest
Hyboria's Fallen

Just ordered a 5 more supplements and the pocket rulebook from www.frpgames.com to sate my obvious obession now :)

I think I will have all that is out for Conan by mid January... and an empty bank account to boot.

-ashe-

I would definately go with Scrolls of Skelos.

After that, I have to say that the Black Kingdoms has some great stuff in it. I rarely use a module as is, and I didn't with Black Kingdoms. But it does have a lot of great stuff if you plan on taking your players down past Kush, or if you want info on that part of the world.

Jumba

Damn! I was not interested in Black Kingdoms, but now I am.

I've not bought Scrolls of Skelos cause when I read the Core Book I didn't understand the magic that well, but the book sounds like a most buy.

If I ever have the PCs wandering that far south into the Black Countries, I will probably use some (heavily adapted) material from the Nyambe d20 literature (less the fruity, DnD, high-fantasy BS):

http://www.nyambe.com/goodies/PlayersLorebook.pdf

One of these days, I've GOT to get my hands of some of Mr. Saunders' Imaro stories. I hear they rock!

Yeah I bought Nyambe last year. Very strange ideas. Not suitable for some groups, the character classes didn't quite cut it for me.

geordiekimbo said:
Yeah I bought Nyambe last year. Very strange ideas. Not suitable for some groups, the character classes didn't quite cut it for me.

Only some ideas there are worth using, like the discussion of the different types of shamans, "mojo" bags, stuff like that. The rest can be winnowed out without any problem.

Yogah of Yag said:
One of these days, I've GOT to get my hands of some of Mr. Saunders' Imaro stories. I hear they rock!
They will be soon reprinted and the author will also write a new novel.

Yogah of Yag said:

Yes, the Imaro books are quite good. Especially useful if you plan on running Conan adventures in the Black Kingdoms.

- thulsa

The King said:
Yogah of Yag said:
They will be soon reprinted and the author will also write a new novel.

Aren't it even two new novels: vol. 4 and 5? Additionally the already published novels will be edited because the author sees similarities to the genocide in Ruanda in 1994 which he wants to avoid.

I was wondering if there was a difference in the printings of the Atlantean Edition rulebook.

I have the 2nd printing as far as I can tell. There are a few errors at least in typesetting here and there.

What is the latest printing done so far?

-ashe-

I'm not sure but I guess you don't have any problems speaking about differences, I have the Core Book (no AE) and although there are changes in the AE we can play without troubles.

Back