More Class Abilities

Yokiboy

Mongoose
Hello fellow Conanites,

What flavorful suggestions can we come up with, if any are indeed needed, to fill the levels without any Specail Abilities?

Noble: 3, 8, 13, 18
Pirate: 17
Soldier: 5, 9, 13, 17

Reality calls, I'll be back later with some suggestions of my own. "Yes, dear I'll be right there..." :p

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Hmm...

Characters should really develop constantly. When you want to get really good at something you practice at it. So why not have development points on those levels without special gains.

The level 5 soldier decides to practice at a skill releated to their class, this gives them a +1/2 modifier to that skill from then on. I say 1/2 per developement level since it can take a very long time to become exceptional at something.

Grim Wanderer

My first thought was to give Soldiers a bonus to Intimidate and increase it at each level missing an ability. I don't want anything too major, as that could unbalance the class, but I definitely don't want 4 levels without at least a tiny little flavorful ability (along the lines of Born in the Saddle).

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Yokiboy said:
My first thought was to give Soldiers a bonus to Intimidate and increase it at each level missing an ability. I don't want anything too major, as that could unbalance the class, but I definitely don't want 4 levels without at least a tiny little flavorful ability (along the lines of Born in the Saddle).

TTFN,

Yokiboy
Soldiers in the Conan stories eventually become captains and generals if they remain soldiers long enough (and are successful), so why not give them bonuses to something that reflects that? Some sort of command or tactics ability, perhaps.

Back