Monsters

100 on this thread? Wowzers, I didn't realize we worked that fast.

As long as people get use out of this stuff, that's all the thanks I need. :) Although I would like if you do use a monster, let me know how it went. How badly and liberally it kicked posterior, or whether you think it should be beefed up a bit. Constructive criticism.

Wow, this selection of monsters is quite incredible! :shock:
I shall have fun indeed DMing a Lone Wolf game...congratulations on providing such a cohesive list.

Hey guys... very impressive list!

I'd like to help. So, let me ask two relevant questions:

1) Has someone already collected and organized all of this information somewhere besides the message board? If so, could you send it to me (email simkn77@hotmail.com)? If not, I will be glad to collect the information, organize it, etc.

Once I have the information, I can proofread and play test. I'll start with book 1 and, as I encounter each creature, playtest the version you've posted here.

2) What books are left to be done? I have all of the unabridged Grandmaster books, and all of the New Order books besides 22 and 27, so I can help to fill in any gaps you might have.

WinterHawk said:
If someone would compile this and format it in a pdf TotS will host it as long as Mongoose has no problem with it.
I have a copy of the compiled .txt file and the ability to make PDFs. I can try to format it up for you.

simkn said:
all of the New Order books besides 22 and 27, so I can help to fill in any gaps you might have.
New Order is where you could come in, then. Eternalknight did two of the books, IIRC (which two was it? I think Voyage of the Moonstone and Buccaneers of Shadaki), if you could do the ones unconverted that would be great.

Ordovician said:
WinterHawk said:
If someone would compile this and format it in a pdf TotS will host it as long as Mongoose has no problem with it.
I have a copy of the compiled .txt file and the ability to make PDFs. I can try to format it up for you.

In actual fact it has been submitted to Mongoose, so I don't think that is such a good idea :)

Ordovician said:
simkn said:
all of the New Order books besides 22 and 27, so I can help to fill in any gaps you might have.
New Order is where you could come in, then. Eternalknight did two of the books, IIRC (which two was it? I think Voyage of the Moonstone and Buccaneers of Shadaki), if you could do the ones unconverted that would be great.

Correct. I did 21 and 22.

Eternalknight said:
Ordovician said:
WinterHawk said:

In actual fact it has been submitted to Mongoose, so I don't think that is such a good idea :)

Hence "as long as Mongoose has no problems with it". No bigs, never hurts to ask.

WinterHawk said:
Eternalknight said:
Ordovician said:

Hence "as long as Mongoose has no problems with it". No bigs, never hurts to ask.

You know, I actually didn't even see that you had written that :?

Well, I just spent a few hours making a nifty formatted PDF of the document. I totally forgot that we had sent it to Mongoose when I told Winterhawk I'd make it. Oh well. It would still rock if Simkn could do the post-Book 23 New Order series.

Still, I guess if anyone wants the PDF I made, PM me on here and I'll get it to you.

Ordovician said:
Well, I just spent a few hours making a nifty formatted PDF of the document. I totally forgot that we had sent it to Mongoose when I told Winterhawk I'd make it. Oh well. It would still rock if Simkn could do the post-Book 23 New Order series.

Still, I guess if anyone wants the PDF I made, PM me on here and I'll get it to you.

I'm only missing 28, maybe I could try my hand at those New Order monsters as well.

Sorry for that previous post where I was wondering if there was a pdf of all these monsters! I see that Ordovician, couples of post upper here as done that. :shock: 8)

Mr. Ordovician, would you mind sending it to me, if, of course, mongoose doesnt mind this?

grummore [ a t ] videotron.ca

Thanks!

Well done on the Noodnic!
also in the books, Noodnics are described as practising the art of pickpocketing to an art form, from the lonewolf novels. I would suggest giving those miscevious little rats at least Sleight of Hand +7

i disagree with ya there im afraid, i dont think this should be stickied, it should be pdf'd for easier access, of course this would mean more work on behalf of mongoose on filtering through to decide what's official but i know i'd be thanking them for it at least.
also on this idea i think it would be good if they did that for the classes people post as well, when i've finished working the final details for the "giak survivor" class (based on LOLW's carag) i think it would be an honour to see it look like something published, im sure everyone else who's posted would agree with me
oh and the magic item list would be nice too, but im certain im asking for way too much

This sounds like it was a very cool project. The stating seems solid... some of the descriptions are a little brief though. In any case, I would like a copy of this.

Zipp Dementia said:
This sounds like it was a very cool project. The stating seems solid... some of the descriptions are a little brief though. In any case, I would like a copy of this.

Most of the descriptions of the monsters encountered in the game books were very brief too, so...

Back