Mongoose and Miniatures

Mage

Mongoose
I used to be a massive SST fan (and still am). First off, I think its great mongoose are doing miniatures again, and am looking forward to if/when they do a military sci fi rpg of some sort. I vaguely remember them mentioning they may do something of this nature at some point in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

So what has happend with miniatures since?

AT43 died sadly, along with their parent company (a prepainted miniature game)

Privateer Press seems to me to be going from strenght to strength

Games workshop are doing fliers and resin instead of metal (copying an idea what mongooose brought into sci fi minis combat games in my opinion)

FFG are bringing out a miniature game of Dust Tactics (as opposed to a board game using miniatures, which look real cool)

Mantic games are about to bring out a sci fi game

So with two companies already bringing out miniatures sci fi games, will Mongoose follow in their footsteps? Personally, I hope so. If they do, I'm looking forward to what might be done, and the possibilites.

Project R*** is apparently 6mm scale, but no details as yet... so far guesses include Robotech and Rifts, but no comment from anyone in the know yet.

ACTA: SFU is an A Call To Arms version of the Star Fleet Battles / Federation Commander games and some miniature pre-releases have been shown in the ACTA forum. Basically, all we have so far is a klingon D7 to look at, but they're getting there. :)

Thats nice to hear. I was aware of the Star Trek game, but I am not a fan of space combat games (not saying they are bad either).

Robotech could be fun, but what is rifts?

I'm just hoping for a pseudo SST style game.

Rifts is a roleplaying game by Palladium Books (far future earth with massively magical humans and creatures as well as high tech) - but has large robots and vehicles in it, which is one reason why it was considered as a possible candidate for the mysterious project, being 6mm...

Ultimately, your guess is as good as ours... :)

Back