MI Troops Ready and awaiting orders.

hegemon

Mongoose
Well as been said before i got the SST starter for xmas and i've just finished glueing them all together, easy than they looked i thought.

anyway hows this for a starter list for my army:
NCO - Sgt O'Mallagh - 180 pts
Lizard Line
Stay Frosty
Sniper
Rallying Cry
Medic

1st squad - 480
6 trps, 1 L/Cpl, 1 Cpl
Lizard Lines
Shock Sticks
1xTriple Thud
Cpl has Sniper Trait

2nd Squad - 525
6 trps, 1 L/Cpl, 1 Cpl
Lizard Lines
Frags
1xJavelin
1xTriple Thud
Cpl has Armourer

3rd Squad - 465
6 trps, 1 L/Cpl, 1 Cpl
Lizard Lines
Frags
Cpl has Armourer

NB: I know I need and additional Officer for this list but i havnt even got a model for the one thats actually on here yet, so please bear in mind.
You may of noticed I renamed the Ranker's, I prefer it with lance Jacks and full screws so bear with.

I intend to increase this by three Squads and add another NCO Sgt and a Lt. then I hope to conscript a LAMI Platoon, even thoug I don't have the Big K rule book, I think I'd Have about 5 or 6 squads of LAMI.

So what does everyone think, Good List, Bad List, you all know the drill.

I'd say give up the medic, unless it's for the campaign and You can't afford a MedEvac Slingshot - it just isn't worth the points. Also unless going to put the NCO into an Exo or Marauder drop the sniper, won't help too much with morita or frag grenade. Imo it'd be a good thing to give him sense presence though, helps with reactions.

In 1st squad change the sniper into armourer, and imo switch from Thudds into flamers, more effect + reactions. Also as soon as minis allow get second special/heavy weapon into the squads, You'll need the extra firepower.

When fielding LAMIs don't mix the weapons, and remember to put longbows into as samll squads as possible, no reason to waste everyone's time with ready before firing ;)

Edit: if points allow think about adding the microsupports aswell into one or more squads - extra dices always are handy ^^

Back