Metal or Plastic Bases

Metal or PLastic Bases?

• Metal Bases, Please!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plastic Bases, Please!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well put it this way, if Mongoose sold these metal bases seperately I would probably buy a bunch to use for battlefleet gothic too....

I vote metal unless Edit:there is a price increase.

Then again, I haven't played with my ACTA miniatures enough to experience a lot of breakage, making me rebase with metal. That's where I'm coming from anyway.

msprange said:
Just to underline the point, there would be no price increase if we went with metal bases.

Then this clinches it for metal bases. There's no reason whatsoever to get plastic bases under these circumstances.

And let me reiterate....we'd also love to see the metal bases sold independently of the ships so we could rebase our old ships with them and I agree with Locutus in the fact that I wouldn't mind rebasing my BFG ships with metal bases either.

I got metal bases for my Drakh Light Cruisers and they are spankingly good.

Plastic out, Metal in!

Metal all the way!

oh for the love of god, metal... and Holes that match the stem size!
I've got sooooo many snapped stems..

metal, Metal, MATAL.....................................................

and please packs of Metal to replace useless and frustrating plastics

Metal please.
Cosider Octaganal bases as they make turning a no brainer.
On the other hand square bases are good for firing arcs.

Andy

Octagonal bases would be good but then if you really want bases to help with turning why not just mark 45degree angles on the round base? (also Ive never seen any company produce octagonal bases, theyre always either square, round or hexes (though square bases help with turning etc too :p)

Either actually..

I'm using square brass rod to pin/stem mine, and attaching the brass rod to the plastic base at the mo and its incredibly stable - but I'd be happy to use a metal base and attach the brass rod to that too..

I would say that the rod/pin combination is probly stronger than a lot of the minis themselves...

Sam

Metal bases would be 100 times better than plastic. Whatever the price increase I would glady pay it. The AOG/Star Fleet Battles style bases with the metal stem and plastic hex base would be fine, square bottom bases would be better and 100% metal from top to bottom would be ideal.

I'm kinda split myself. I'm pretty good pinning my ships onto the plastic stuff and I haven't had any problems. The thing that worries me more are the stems rather than the bases. Now if these were metal...

What kind of stems do the metal bases come with anyway, plastic or metal?

friendlyfire said:
do the metal bases come with anyway, plastic or metal?

Currently 100% metal (just had a Drakh fleet box with metal stands on everything)

The advantage I find is that if the fit is a little tight you can happily exert a decent amount of pressure onto it without fear of it snapping.

Back