May release of Core rulebook?

Ralph

Mongoose
I notice that the rulebook is not listed as a core book, but slated for a May release.

Huh!?
I have a copy that I bought last year sitting on my shelf at home. (Unless these past 7 months have been a dream).

What's going on? Is it new and improved? An atlantean 2ed?
Ralph

Hervé said:
From Mongoose site:
Now with additional content!

What do you think they meant?

Son of a b@#$%! That can't be right - the 2nd edition of the Second edition from the second printer, to be released on the 22nd of the second month of the year + 3?

I need more shelves.

Hi guys,

We are simply listing the new printing as a new release on the web site, as there has been a gap in the game's availability, and we believe Conan deserves a bit of publicity.

As for the additional content, it is an encounter drawn from Ruins of Hyboria - basically, we have moved from digital to offset printing, and needed to include a handful of extra pages.

msprange said:
Hi guys,

We are simply listing the new printing as a new release on the web site, as there has been a gap in the game's availability, and we believe Conan deserves a bit of publicity.

As for the additional content, it is an encounter drawn from Ruins of Hyboria - basically, we have moved from digital to offset printing, and needed to include a handful of extra pages.
Why didn't you include the scenario that was originally written?

As they say, it's in the book...
Conan 2nd Edition, p.7:
Chapter15-Midnight in the Temple Quarter:A short scenario set in the city of Shumir in Shem, designed to introduce players and characters alike to the Conan milieu.

I just wish the retailers would at least halfway keep up to date with the releases and editions. Believe it or not, I checked my local gaming store last week and they still only had the first edition of Conan.
First printing.
You read that right, not even Atlantean edition.
With all the errors.
For 50 Euros.
At the current rate that's about $70 (plus tax)
And then those game stores complain about losing business to internet mailorders.

A bit off topic maybe, but I had to vent.

Clovenhoof said:
I just wish the retailers would at least halfway keep up to date with the releases and editions. Believe it or not, I checked my local gaming store last week and they still only had the first edition of Conan.
First printing.
With all the errors.
For 50 Euros.
And then those game stores complain about losing business to internet mailorders.

A bit off topic maybe, but I had to vent.
On the flip side, as a retailer it's hard to justify more product of a line that didn't sell the first time... I'm sure if you asked to special/preorder the book they'd have done it gladly and probably been encouraged to order additional copies... unless of course you got it from one of the aforementioned "internet mailorders". ;)

Paladin said:
On the flip side, as a retailer it's hard to justify more product of a line that didn't sell the first time... I'm sure if you asked to special/preorder the book they'd have done it gladly and probably been encouraged to order additional copies... unless of course you got it from one of the aforementioned "internet mailorders". ;)

I usually get a special discount if I ask my FLGS to order it for me. I almost prefer the books to not be in stock, because if they are I have to pay full price! :)

Paladin said:
On the flip side, as a retailer it's hard to justify more product of a line that didn't sell the first time...

Don't get me wrong, they had more Conan stuff, both 1st and 2nd ed (I take it all 2e stuff is in blue covers). But the _core rulebook_ was only available as 1st ed, 1st printing, and then at the aforementioned price. They'll never sell their core books, never ever, except maybe to somebody's grandma who doesn't know the book is twice obsolete and what a new edition should cost.
And since they won't sell those old books, they aren't going to order new core books to stock either. And I don't know how other customers tick, but personally I wouldn't even bother asking someone who's willing to rip off customers with his stock stuff to special-order a book for me.

Clovenhoof wrote:
First printing.
With all the errors.
For 50 Euros.

Sorry, Clovenhoof, but I've got to disagree with you on this matter. Paladin is right. There is absolutely no reason for your retailer to order the Atlantean or Second Edition if he didn't sell a single copy of 1st Ed. As for the price, I think you don't even guess how much it costs to run a shop, especially compared to internet sellers. I'm not accusing anyone, it is simply the laws of the market that are changing, as well as the buying habits of the customers. I've been working in game retail for more than 20 years and I can understand your local retailer perfectly.

Learn to aim before you throw the stone... :wink:

Back