@Matt and co - a question of payment

beowuuf

Mongoose
Hello!

I asked this question elsewhere but it might have got buried. Lots of people seem excited by the mega-deal, yet while some would be happy to commit ahead of time to buying the new books as they come out, they simply cannot afford to pay all the money upfront.

Would there ever be a payment option where you could set up a direct debit to take the money out as each book becomes available, or at least in manageable chunks over a longer time?

I know a couple of people have independantly mentioned this on the two main LW forums of Project Aon and Tower of the Sun, so thought I'd try to get a definiteive answer for them!

Hi guys,

We have no provision to do this at the moment, I am afraid (our shopping cart is truly from the the Middle Ages).

You have thought loudly about doing a Babylon 5 encyclopedia in the past, that one could subscribe to (for some 30 $ a month) and recieve a book every month. How would you have resolved these orders? Maybe one could use the same system for the Lone Wolf Mega Deal.

Just tossing out an idea here...

I can tell you now that if there was a subscription or installment deal you'd have a sale here straight away. The mega-deal as it currently stands is extremely tempting, but I'm simply not sure I can afford it all in one go.

I managed to scrape together enough funds and ordered the mega deal yesterday but it was a tough decision to part with all of that cash even though it looks like a very good deal. Even if it was split over three months I'm sure it would make it a lot easier for potential fans to buy in.

One thing in the Mega deals favour is the number of books coming out it looks like four by the end of September if you buy them all as collectors editions you would still be looking at over £40.

WW

I am with my brother Wolf here, I REALLY want to have this deal. So bad I can taste it. I am saving up what I can so I can get it but I would feel a lot better about being able to make my payments along a schedual over a few months to make the bite a little less. Dont get me wrong, I drop about 200.00 a month on my gaming fix but when we are talking about some saved here and there over the month its not so bad.

Why don't you get a small lone from the bank and pay it in bits that way. It may work, just say it is for 'investment purposes'. If they ask, say antiques or stock shares. Bingo.

You may pay slightly more, but if you stretch the lone out over two years you would not notice the extra bit you have to pay back. Also, it may balance out if you stretch it out, taking into account the value of money going down over time due to inflation.

I'm rambling and on thin ice here, but there is my two cents.

I'm gonna buy the first book, and play it by ear from there.

Also, I love games, but I'd be insane if I got the mega deal.

Sorry mongoose.

Mac V said:
So, if we don't have the cash by July 31, are we out of luck?

What happened to the sword?

msprange
Site Admin

Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:45 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Balgin,

To answer your questions;

1. It is indeed 450 pages. A lot has been added in Joe's re-write
2. We are open for preorders right now (simply click on the preorder button).
3. No Sommerswerd, I am afraid. We wanted something looking very authentic and, in the end, we were not getting the results we had hoped for (a Denn'Bok for a B5 special also fell by the wayside for the same reasons). Instead, we can offer special editions of the new novels for free, to anyone collecting all the game books and, for those taking on the mega-deal, free (refunded) postage and early access to books 29-32.
4. The mega-deal is for hardback collector's editions as they come out (which will be some months before the softbacks appear in stores).

Hope that helps!

:(

Big :(.

I was looking forwards to that :(.

Back