Martial arts in Conan d20

I was reading the thread about using a Scholar to create a monk in Conan through use of feats and such. This got me to thinking; I have the pdf. Blood and Fists from RPG Objects for the D20 Modern game and it would be perfect for something like that.

Its full of feats that simulate styles and attacks. And it has a series of Ki feats. No real overpowering stuff, you wont be tossing Kamehameha's around with it but it does let you do cool, quasai-mytical stuff youd expect a monk in this settng to be able to do.

Youd have to go through the book and decide which styles and feats are appropriate for a game. Obviously Commando style and ROSS would be, and other styles like Karate probably didnt exsist in the Hyborean age, but animal styles would. Theres also a Barroom Brawler style which I think would work splendidly for guys like Conan.

It also has a ton of exotic weapons in there.

I hihgly recommend this if you want to add some MA flavor to your game.

That sounds good. I much prefer Feat chains over prestige classes (some of the prestige classes in Scrolls of Skelos could have been done that way).

Are there any good combat maneuvers in Blood and Fists for somebody with Brawl?

Orkin said:
Why does a "martial artist" have to be a monk?
not necessarily a monk, but martial arts are some of mental discipline with a strong meditative philosophy.

sbarrie said:
That sounds good. I much prefer Feat chains over prestige classes (some of the prestige classes in Scrolls of Skelos could have been done that way).

Are there any good combat maneuvers in Blood and Fists for somebody with Brawl?

Oh yes. It has a feat called Dirty Fighting that allows you to up the dice size up one catragory in one attack to simulate a low blow or eye gouge or something like that. Theres a school (schools like Karate and Wing Chun are taken as feats. They give you things like eing armed while punching or kicking and add skills to you list) called School of Hard Knocks that really would simulate a down and dirty fight like Conan is in so much.

I dont have the book with me right this second, but its perfect for stuff like that.

Back