major oversight in Hyboria's Fallen.

VincentDarlage said:
That's a major oversight?

I never use them, so I didn't realise the other classes had them. I can work something up if you want.

yes, please.

And how do you do equipment and stuff for characters? I'm interested in alternatives.

Well the book describes the Temptress as relatively poor. So in comparing on the table of all of the other starting equiipment in the book, it would seem that 100 + 10d6 sp would likely be the best place to start. because it is the minimum any of the other characters have.

And starting equipment I think important for a core class. Just for the sake of remaining consistant with the others.

Darrin Kelley said:
And how do you do equipment and stuff for characters? I'm interested in alternatives.

It's Conan. The characters pick a weapon and go to it. Basically I tell the characters what they have at the outset of the adventure based on where they are and what they were doing (see Commencing an Adventure in the Campaigns chapter of the core book). I really don't worry about it much.

Darrin Kelley said:
And starting equipment I think important for a core class. Just for the sake of remaining consistant with the others.

Consistency is important. I just forgot that it was in the core book. I sort of presumed players and GMs just gave the characters what would be appropriate (and/or fun) to the character & culture they are playing in, which is what I do (and have done for just about every roleplaying game I have ever played).

Your suggestion is about as good as any I would offer.

I don't have as much experience as most of you but I guess that the equipment and money could be adjusted as desired, I mean, in my personal experience the equipment and money is assigned in relation to the character's background and story.

VincentDarlage said:
Darrin Kelley said:

It's Conan. The characters pick a weapon and go to it. Basically I tell the characters what they have at the outset of the adventure based on where they are and what they were doing (see Commencing an Adventure in the Campaigns chapter of the core book). I really don't worry about it much.
Seconded.

The only flaw I have found with this otherwise excellent plan is it devalues weapon-specific feats if the character doesn't know when he'll have a broadsword and when he'll have a scimitar. I solved that IMC with Weapon Groups.

Later.

argo said:
VincentDarlage said:
Darrin Kelley said:

Seconded.

The only flaw I have found with this otherwise excellent plan is it devalues weapon-specific feats if the character doesn't know when he'll have a broadsword and when he'll have a scimitar. I solved that IMC with Weapon Groups.

Later.

I get what you are saying, but at the start of adventures, I will presume the PCs have their standard weapon set unless (a) they are captured/imprisoned/enslaved to start, or (b) there's some other reason for a twist, and neither of those will occur often enough that the PCs will question whether their feat selection was worthwhile.

Vincent791 said:
I don't have as much experience as most of you but I guess that the equipment and money could be adjusted as desired, I mean, in my personal experience the equipment and money is assigned in relation to the character's background and story.
I agree, that's what I do. Any character IMO should be worked out between player and GM so each has a basic idea of the character, but I kinda think especially with a Temptress character, the situation/background story determines how the character starts.

Back