Main RQ rulebook printings

elad neb

Mongoose
I am considering buying the main rulebook and delving in as I am a fan of 2nd ed RQ,but throughout this forum I see there were different printing with some important changes!what are the differences and how do you tell which one you are gettin?which is the best to get?

thanks a million

There are a lot of changes, as this is with most new editions.

This is not EXHAUSTIVE...

1: Character creation is simpler. Skill are divided into Basic and Advanced and use abilities as base rolls.

2: the Resistance table is gone. Certain skills are used to to resist things.

3: Less use for calculators.

4: Parry and Dodge are no longer weapon skills.

5: Book format is excellent. Easy to understand and well organized.

6: Total hit points are abolished, hit points get taken directly from the limb - there are degrees of wounds.

7) Strike ranks are done a little different.

8) Combat actions are introduced (Letting you do so many things in combat)

9: Hero Points let you change things in the game or give you greater powers throughout your characters life (Legendary Abilities)

10: Magic Points are still there.

11: Core Rule book covers Rune Magic Only - They also added runic abilities when one Integrates with a rune.

12: Companion Brings back Sorcery and Divine Magic. Cults of Glorantha II Brings back Shamanism (Spiit Magic). Magic Of Glorantha Brings Dragon Magic and sorcery for the god learners.

Hope this encourages you to buy the book or you can download the SRD'd from the Mongoose site. They will more direct rule changes.

I appreciate the reply...but I think my meaning was lost..

what i meant was the difference in the printings of just the MRQ version.I read about some errata ...and that there was some changes in the various printings of the MRQ rulebook...just wandering the differences and how to know which is which ...also which one to buy?

parejf63 said:
Never heard of these "re-writes" you are refering too.

Neither, rather more worryingly, have Mongoose apparently, which is why it is taking them so long to come back and confirm what changes have been made :(

Back