Low Stock Warning!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

Just to let you know that the following books are hitting very low stock levels in our warehouse, and there are no plans to reprint them. If you want to grab these books, act quickly!

Pirate Isles
Across Thunder River
Tales of the Black Kingdoms
Hyboria's Fallen
Tito's Trading Post
Stygia
Ruins of Hyboria
Argos & Zingara
Reavers of Vilayet

I have them all 8).
Across The Thunder River is not to be missed if you ever plan to include Picts in your campaign world. Ruins of Hyboria also ranks among my favourites. Along with Road of Kings (any edition), these two books are to my eyes the best of the whole line.

I enjoy Tales of The Black Kingdoms, though it needs some work to be used at his best, and Pirate Isles is a good read. Stygia is for me the best regional sourcebook (after ATTR).

Argos & Zingara is a bit thin but the Argos part is well completed by the Messantia boxed set. Reavers of the Vilayet is OK but not so unforgetable.

Hyboria's Fallen has the Temptress rules (if you don't have the 2nd Edition) and lots of D20 stuff for you to enjoy (or not, in my case! :twisted: ).

That leaves us with Tito's Trading Post, which is for me the worst supplement of the Conan line. It's a cut and paste compilation of equipment found in other books. If you really dig on stuff and you don't have the other books, you might find some interest in it.
I don't.

That was my two cents.

I've got to agree - Across Thunder River is probably my favorite book in the entire line. If you don't have it - get it immediately! (if you plan on ever using Picts in your campaign)

I have all but Stygia, and I'll be looking for that at a game convention this weekend (in Canberra, the only capital city of the world that closes at 6pm).

My players are very excited about the Thunder River book. Half of them want to play Picts. The other half want to recreate the Reaver battles from Firefly/Serenity. "Please tell me you brought the grenades".

Cheers.
Brisco.

Hi,
It would appear that this is quite a chunk of the Conan supplements. if they are not being re-printed can I ask, what is going to replace them? :cry:

Eactly - singns and portents of a shift in direction (i.e. rules type such as MRQ) for the Conan license perhaps?

Other than the adventures in Reavers what else comes in the books to make it good to grab up? I am trying to get my collection back up to snuff and I was on a "gaming hiatus" for a while and now I am going through "DT"s (Darlage tremors). :twisted:

I can understand if stuff like Tito's isn't reprinted. But when successful things like Across Thunder River isn't going to be reprinted then I think it would be nice for Mongoose to let us know why that is.

I presume that DriveThru will still carry all these things in pdf form so all is not necessarily lost.[/i]

Who can tell? Road of Kings and Scrolls of Skelos both had 2nd Edition revised (and augmented!) printings. Perhaps we'll get to see a new Pict sourcebook? Personally, I must admit I wait more eagerly for new material than for reprints, even in improved versions.

A Turan book, maybe? :wink:

Hervé said:
Who can tell? Road of Kings and Scrolls of Skelos both had 2nd Edition revised (and augmented!) printings. Perhaps we'll get to see a new Pict sourcebook? Personally, I must admit I wait more eagerly for new material than for reprints, even in improved versions.

A Turan book, maybe? :wink:
If a regional soucebook need a 2nd edition improved printing, I would prioritize Shem + Argos & Zingara.

Hi guys,

No need to panic!

The Conan line is beginning to sprawl and needs a 'tidy'. It is currently very difficult for retailers to 'buy in' to the range because of its size, and when it comes to books like Thunder River, sales do not justify a full scale reprint (it has been out for an awfully long time, and most people who want it, have it, I think).

We are looking at new ways of presenting information in Conan, both older material and new, though it will be 2010 before anything appears.

Until then, you have oodles of new stuff coming out this year, including the long-awaited Empires of the Hyborian Age!

I bought Conan 2E when it first came out but I've only recently started to pick up the line. There's definitely a few of those books that I want (namely Across Thunder River, Pirate Isles and Ruins) but our family is going on a cruise and money's going to be tight for a while.

I haven't heard much talk about Tales of the Black Kingdoms; what's the consensus on that book?

jolt

The three adventures presented in Tales of the Black Kingdoms are rather good, even if some events needs revising. Have a look at Thulsa's review for more info:
http://hyboria.xoth.net/reviews/tales_of_the_black_kingdoms.htm

Just got my copy of Across the thunder river, Free companies and Pirates isle.

As it was already said Across the thunder river look great. Also it is hard cover wich is alway cool. I wish it had stats for Balthus :(

Free comanies look decent.

No one mentionned Pirates isle? There's lot of great stuff in it. A nice and short naval combat system. Also stats for Belit, Zarono, Valenso and Strom (one of my favorite REH novel).

Back