LoneWolf/D&D - Kai with no feats?

Eryx

Mongoose
When I come to finally run Lone Wolf I will be using D&D 3.5 rather than the LW basic rules (personal preference). Rather than go the route suggested in LW for the Kai (Ranger/Paladin/Psion) would it still balance out if the Kai class was used but they did not recieve feats due to the powers they get?

Odd question, but I'd like input. Thanks.

Eryx said:
When I come to finally run Lone Wolf I will be using D&D 3.5 rather than the LW basic rules (personal preference). Rather than go the route suggested in LW for the Kai (Ranger/Paladin/Psion) would it still balance out if the Kai class was used but they did not recieve feats due to the powers they get?

Odd question, but I'd like input. Thanks.

That seems fair enough to me so long as you don't go multi classing (as that would really mess up the feats or the lack thereof). Also, granting a Kai Lord feats would mix things up too as so many feats are stuff he'd get later as class features so you'd really need to work out what's what and then ask yourself if you want a character to waste feats to gain class features early or not. Giving a Kai Lord feats would also overpower him. Giving him no feats sort of complicates things a bit but nowhere near as much as the Magnamund magic & psionics systems do (especialy if you're trying to use the basic 3rd Ed psionics rules too).

Back