Lone Wolf Board Game on the way

Eternalknight said:
The Greywood website has some images up:

http://www.greywoodpublishing.com/lwwg.html

I've also got a copy of the rules and will be giving them a good look over soon :)

so how are the rules?
can you possible post them?
ty
M

Seems pretty obvious from the pictures that this board game will recreate the Gourgaz battle in the first book... one of my favorite sequences from that book. I'm interested and anxious to hear more...

Methos said:
Eternalknight said:

I've also got a copy of the rules and will be giving them a good look over soon :)

so how are the rules?
ty
M

The rules are very old school, but I cannot post any more than that. The game can be used to create any battle.

Eternalknight said:
The rules are very old school..
Then I'll probably like them. :lol:

Eternalknight said:
but I cannot post any more than that..
OK, I understand.
Being involved in some official LW projects too, I know we can't say too much on the fora without spoiling.
Gary himself seems to want to keep secrets about this project (I asked him an interview for the French gamebooks worlds webzine Draco Venturus, but didn't receive an answer from him), and that's perfectly understandable. :)

I'll be patient!

As long as the quality is solid, cardboard standups are fine. Indeed, they store easier and handle abuse a lot better than normal figures.

Definitely looking forward to this one.

-A

Eternalknight said:
No actual miniatures, but card standup figures.

That's still okay, assuming the quality is there. Can be used for the RPG as well so thats an added bonus!

Can't wait to hear more about this.

Interesting.

Someone did modify the battlefield evolution rules for Lone Wolf (I believe it's in Signs & Portents somewhere), and you could do much the same for Judge Dredd.

A generic skirmish game might be quite interesting; there's certainly no shortage of factions, and (as noted) if done right, good quality cardstock is in some ways better - the sheer variety of heroes and minions makes miniatures awesome but (initially) impractical.

I'll give you another snippet of info. According to Gary the game was going to be published by Games Workshop initially (back in the 80s). I'm assuming the falling out Joe and Gary had with Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone was the reason it wasn't :)

Eternalknight said:
Methos said:
Eternalknight said:

so how are the rules?
ty
M

The rules are very old school, but I cannot post any more than that. The game can be used to create any battle.

Much like Warhammer FB, do you think it would be feasable to use the rules as the basis for rpg rules?

Hey, this project seems to be stopped. No news here nor in the Greywood site. Does anybody know what is happening?

Regards.

I'm a bit out of the loop myself, so not sure. I do know Gary Chalk and Jamie Wallis (of Greywood) are working on a new series of gamebooks, so that maybe taking up their time.

Back