Lone Wolf 8, 9 & 10

msprange said:
Just finished talking to the printers, and they have owned up to the mistake - Book 8 is being reprinted right now.

Cool. They couldn't be fairer than that.

Cheers.

For some reason, I got two copies of Book 8, both without section 151. Is there a problem there? I only ordered one...I hope I didn't get charged for both.

beowuuf said:
Look at it this way, fate has forced people to read your sections twice to really appreciate the writing, and many people will have a second copy to give to friends so more people see your sections :)

Now you see, I always did like you :)

*chuckles*

I have one of those, sometimes though I figure that I'm cursed...or I have awesomely bad timing in regard to submitting things.

I have ordered both Book 8 and 9 separately.

Due to the delay, I understand that I may get both books together.
Yesterday I received only Book 8 in the mail but this appears to be the error-prone book.

So whom do I check to see if my orders are fulfilled?

Thank you.

It has been a while since I've posted on this forum. So I thought I'd make it worthwhile.

Is LW 10 on schedule for release in April, as the Mongoose website indicates? Looks like you're doing a good job cranking them out now.

Regards,
Koreth

Ineed - they _should_ be going out next week, but I'll confirm then (currently at a trade show in Vegas!).

Hi Matt

Enjoy your trade show - will Book 8 have all the errors spotted in it corrected?

Spoilers:

Section 260 gives you the choice of using a Meal if your backpack against a giant spider and to turn to Section 34.

The passage below it says "If you neither have a Meal nor the Magnakai Disclipline of Psi-Surge turn to Section 5".

You've missed out the Psi-Surge option. In the original version of the book, the option of using Psi-Surge will lead you to Section 250. I've checked the new version, and Section 250 does exist and is still correct, but the option to go there has been missed.

And in the mini-adventure

In Section 80, the combat with Lady Varlis, the text says that if you kill her in combat goto Section 60.

I do this and it appears you are in a mine after an explosion. It turns out this is the correct section, but a lot of text has been missed out. It was only later on in the adventure I learnt that Lady Varlis had caused an explosion - there was no text or anything to mention this before.

Plus the missing of the final section.

For some reason I just got a second copy of both book 8 and 9. Were there replacements shipped out, or is this a mistake?

For book 8, it's a replacement (first print was missing two sections in the bonus adventure). But I don't know why you got another book 9 since it seemed fine from the beginning.

I haven't yet received my replacement Book 8, though I just placed an order for Books 10 and 11. Should I still expect the corrected Book 8?

Back